A few recent soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loriag

Reaction score
Here is a few I have done in the last week and a bit before.
Tan and white is a coffee been FO (from Windy Point) that I finally found that smells more like coffee. Tan is natural colour and white TD. If anyone knows of a Canadian supplier with a good coffee FO I'd love to know.
I made beach soap for the first time as a new soaper and thought I was getting DOS as it was turning brown on top and very edges. Second time I made it the light bulb went on and I realized it was the vanillian in the Caribbean Escape FO. The funky thing was the brown tinge came out in soda ash and just on the very edges of the soap, but otherwise stayed the colours intended. This time I wised up and added Vanilla Stabilizer. But wholey moley as I uncovered and cut my soap I was literally watching the soda ash form.
Last soap with the wood grain technique is a fun one to do, scented in sensual sandalwood.

Attachments

• coffee soap.jpg
    coffee soap.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 56
  • carubbeab escape soap.jpg
    carubbeab escape soap.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 56
  • wood grain soap 2.jpg
    wood grain soap 2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 51
Tan and white is a coffee been FO (from Windy Point) that I finally found that smells more like coffee. Tan is natural colour and white TD. If anyone knows of a Canadian supplier with a good coffee FO I'd love to know.
I made beach soap for the first time as a new soaper and thought I was getting DOS as it was turning brown on top and very edges. Second time I made it the light bulb went on and I realized it was the vanillian in the Caribbean Escape FO. The funky thing was the brown tinge came out in soda ash and just on the very edges of the soap, but otherwise stayed the colours intended. This time I wised up and added Vanilla Stabilizer. But wholey moley as I uncovered and cut my soap I was literally watching the soda ash form.
Last soap with the wood grain technique is a fun one to do, scented in sensual sandalwood.
WOW beautiful

Your soap is beautiful! Love the swirl effect on your wood grain and carubbeab escape soaps. Next, post a tutorial on how you achieved these beautiful effects!
How about I post the links to the tutorials I used to create these soaps, giving credit where credit is due-
The beach themed soap I learned how to do from Yellow Cottage Soapery, as my mold is shorter and a bit wider than her soaps I adjusted the colours to work for me.
The wood grain is from- oh我的雙牛寶貝兒

Thanks for sharing the resources! I can't wait to watch the videos when I get home. Your soaps turned out amazing!

Wow, Lori! Beautiful! And yes, Caribbean Escape does discolour; I need to remember that, too. Sure smells good, though.

Back