A few questions before I begin my 1ST ever batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made Gynny shampoo bar which contains soybean oil and bum bum after 8 months DOS. It was not GMO so I used it for a body scrubs, with Emulsimulse it makes a beautiful body butter too:)
BTW before I asked my first question here (it was a thread about LS, I asked about polysorbate 80) I had read all the threads in the CP soap subforum then all the rest. I had most of my questions answered.
Lady try the Dish and we will see how you are treated there. :))

Last edited:
Wow, seems like 99% percent of the people here are a-holes.

And this reply right there is why you got the responses you did..its your attitude, which we don't take kindly to, either from newbies or seasoned..and I dont see seasoned acting like this.

It's nice to see that most of you have a huge chip on your shoulders, and then accuse me of having one.

Again, its your attitude..you were simply told to 'learn to read a label'..if you had done the research beforehand like you claimed you did, you would have known already that different oils bring different things to the table..instead you got butt hurt and lashed out..*shrug*

I didn't come on here to grow a thicker skin. I came on here to make soap. Enough said.

So good luck making your soap on 'better, more helpful' forums..dont say we didn't warn you about whats out there.

And as for being up each others butts..nope, we arent..we just respect one another..my guess is you are either very young, or used to speaking to people the way you just did or both..either way it wont get you far in 'any' soaping community..

Good Luck

Nevada: thank you! I tried to post a similar message this morning but couldn't get it through. I totally saw the insult when I read Susie's post and thought to myself "well I bet that goes over well. Or not." Unfortunately we can't make every situation full of grace, but it would be nice to see just an apology when feathers are ruffled. "I'm sorry your feelings were hurt... Here is the importance of reading labels..." Would have made for a lot less drama. I soaped for 8 months before I even started to get a glimmer of an idea re: the properties of oils. Everyone has a different learning curve.

Ive seen multiple apologies in this forum from seasoned soapers where something was said but the intent was taken wrong by the newbies..had the OP not reacted with such arrogance, she wouldn't have been responded to by others in the manner she was...

There are far too many newbies coming to this forum on a daily basis ready to learn that apparently dont have such thin skin..they are ready to learn and dont carry their feelings out on their sleeves...

As the old saying goes.."Dont carry your feelings on your sleeve, its too easy to get them knocked off"

I too thought that Susie’s initial reply was a bit terse and unlike her, I thought that maybe it was a result of answering quickly and not gauging the impact (Susie, you *know* what a fan I am of yours, but that is how it came across to me.) That being said, if I had been the OP - as a brand new poster to the forum - I think I would either just have taken my lumps along w/the helpful responses or, at minimum, responded a bit more calmly.

To say that 99% of us are *******s (overstating the case to at least some degree, I think, although *I* have my days :)) ignores the multiple responses she got that gave her useful information about her situation. If she had done that and stuck around, I think she would have observed in person how very helpful Susie is in general, and that the rest of are as well.

Also, I must admit it was irritating to read this: “I've been researching soap making for a few months now, trying to make sure that I didn't do anything wrong. Not one recipe that I have ever come across, said that the oil type made a difference.”

That just seemed impossible. IMO fessing up that you have done no research and don’t know where to begin so that you can start is one thing, people will just post a bunch of links/stickies. But saying you’ve done a bunch of it and never realized that you did not have to know exactly what oils you are using in exactly what amounts is another, I don’t see how that is possible.

Last edited:
Good luck MrsMVP! As everyone has surely told you already, you're gonna be addicted quick LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back