A few of my latest

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't done many EO batches lately so I thought it was time. #1 is a special request batch for a friend with a blend of lavender/patchouli/cedarwood and purple clay & AC for color. #2 is a spearmint/eucalyptus blend with teal green & sea green mica from Nurture. It smells just like doublemint gum to me! And just for kicks, I made a batch of pink grapefruit scented bubble bars for Valentines Day.

1485915374024.jpg

1485915384194.jpg

1485915399114.jpg

Holy smokes those are beautiful! I see some gorgeous hearts in the top one and have been pondering an idea in my head for a while as to how to make heart swirls in a loaf of soap. You nailed it!

I love spearmint/eucalyptus, too, and in fact just yesterday added that combination (50/50) to a batch of handmade liquid soap to fill the dispenser.

Thanks everyone! I think both batches of soap could be used for a Rorschach test because I see all kinda things in them. I did spot the hearts in batch #1 but unfortunately it only happened in a few bars. I definitely did not plan the hearts . . . they just kinda happened but I'm not complaining! I also think #1 looks like an owl or a Mardi Gras mask. I keep seeing exotic birds in batch #2 . . . anything from a peacock to a penguin. The heart toppers on the bubble bars are just Wilton decorations and I also found some shamrocks for St Paddy's Day so I'll probably use those next.

The unintentional heart swirl is just so marvelous!!! And I see swan in the blue soap :p Wilton deco on the bubble bar is such a brilliant idea! ;) very cute indeed.

Back