A few newbie questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie soaper

Reaction score
Ive just finished my second batch of soap (Id upload pics if I could find the camera cable) and I have some questions, they may sound a little stupid :oops: .

1. Do you have to line your moulds? My wood is lined with laminex the kitchen top stuff
2. Do you guys have any ideas on how to make an easy to make basic soap plainer im just using a utility knife extruding from a piece of wood at the moment
3. Is it all right to cover your soap with a light tea towel/ dish cloth to protect them from dust

1) I would line your mold or spray with a releasing agent either way. I have non stick molds that I bought fo $80 each and my soap sticks without the releasing agent.

2) I would invest in a cutter, if you are looking for clean edges. Depends on what you want your finished bar to look like. But if what your using works and you don't mind giving the time, keep on.

3) I cover my soaps with parchment paper, just laying it over the top of the soap keeps debris form collecting on it.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info im looking at making/buying a log mold so there less to go wrong, I might just use 1 litre milk cartoons though

Latest posts

Back