a few new soaps! lots of pics.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsie

Reaction score
at it again... made a couple new soaps in the past few weeks! these are the (mostly) successful ones. i also tried to make a chocolate orange soap which was just a hot mess.

"gaffer's basil"
olive, coconut, palm, sunflower, and avocado oils. basil, patchoulli, and clary sage essential oils. fresh basil and crushed walnut hull.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"bathtime at crickhollow"
olive, coconut, palm, castor oils. sweet orange, anise seed, patchouli, bergamot, pine, and grapefruit essential oils. paprika swirl.
43145496268569846748603.jpg

"fangorn"
olive, coconut, plam, shea butter oils. kombucha tea as my base water. patchouli, rosemary, and lavender essential oils. wheat grass and walnut hull.
mg5772.jpg

"sara and nate"
olive, coconut, palm, avocado oils. spearmint essential oil. fresh avocado puree and fresh mint leaves. made this with my good vegetarian friends sara and nate to show them how soap is made!

don't have a name for this one yet.
olive, coconut, palm, castor oils. russian cambrian blue clay for the bottom half, meyer lemon zest for the top. lemon, lime, peppermint, dash of lavender eos. this is not my favourite soap since the green of the eo's altered the colors a bit, and i overheated it, but it's a good start for my next attempt!
mg57811.jpg

this was my first custom order! :) a gift for a coworker's wife. they are world travellers and recently returned from a month in thailand so he wanted a thai themed soap for his lady.
olive, coconut, palm, castor oil. the embeds were made with minced galangal and kaffir lime leaves, and eucalyptus, lemon, and citronella eos. base is just a basic soap as the embeds were REALLY strong (which is why i made them embeds! lol) !

Wow, I love your work! I use all sorts of colorants but tend to gravitate towards the more natural ones.

I especially like Gaffer's basil, fangorn (looks like a beautiful piece of fine-grained granite), and the unnamed one. Your eo blends also sound very inviting.

There's just something about your soaps that i love! they look like stone.

I have to agree with sosocal about having talent for soapmaking. They're all lovely but I especially like your descriptions of "gaffer's basil" and "sara and nate" because I like avocado and sunflower. Although, I like citrusy & evergreen blends so "bathtime at crickhollow" sounds wonderful, too.

Thanks for sharing! :D

thanks for the support everyone!
gaffer's basil was my first successful soap in a while... i had a handful of flops for one reason or another, then with the help of this board i got back into it! thanks everyone. hopefully that's the end of my weird soap streak.

i am equally as appreciative of criticism as i am of praise, so if it looks like i could improve on something or im glaringly doing something incorrectly, throw it at me! that being said, you guys are a great support group :)
thank you!

Your soaps are very earthy, yet still "eye candy". That is hard to find. I think they look awesome and you are very creative with your blends and names.

brewsie said:
i am equally as appreciative of criticism as i am of praise, so if it looks like i could improve on something or im glaringly doing something incorrectly, throw it at me!

Criticism, huh? Okay. Why haven't I received any of your soap yet? :lol:

I'm glad you appreciate the members. I think they're supportive and very generous in helping people out. On the other hand, you've got to watch out for the mods. They're mean. :wink:

Code:
Your soaps are very earthy, yet still "eye candy".

Sometimes I feel like such a hippie :p I really like walking through health stores/asian markets/etc and having the soapers 'eye'. I look at everything and wonder to myself, "would this make a cool soap?". Usually I just give it a try to find out. Hence the kombucha, for one, which I think ended up pretty nicely! I am going to try some more today. The lemon zest came upon me because I've always wanted to try a meyer lemon, and they are finally in season! I got one to eat, and used the leftover peel in my soap. No waste!

Criticism, huh? Okay. Why haven't I received any of your soap yet?

I'm glad you appreciate the members. I think they're supportive and very generous in helping people out. On the other hand, you've got to watch out for the mods. They're mean.
....but you're a mod!

OH HO! I would be happy to send you a soap! PM me if you'd like and tell me if you're particularly interested in one. I would be happy to send you a bathtime at crickhollow and/or a gaffer's basil, if youd like :)

brewsie said:
....but you're a mod!

Yes, that's why I know how mean we are! :lol:

That's sweet of you to offer to send me soap. I was just making a joke based on your criticism remark but thanks for the offer. I'm sure you're going to have people lining up for your soap so you'll want to save it for your family and friends. :D

beautiful soaps! i really love the thailand one, gorgeous color combination and looks like abstract art. also really like the sara and nate and the unnamed. i also tend to gravitate towards the natural looking soaps and i prefer to use all natural colorants. i'm always browsing the bulk foods section at our HEB (supermarket) for things i can put into soap! well done!

Gaffer's basil is my favorite-artfully done and a great name!

Your names are very unique! The soaps are all beautiful, natural looking with very enticing descriptions. Photos looks great as well! Love watching your progress through this journey.

Latest posts

Back