A few more questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
My questions are all regarding CP soap:

I have been adding sodium lactate to cooled lye water and wanted to know if the SL can be added directly to the oils instead?

If making a batch of a single color, can the colorant be mixed directly to the oils before adding the lye water?

Same question for titanium dioxide; can that be mixed into the oils before the lye water?

Thanks!

My questions are all regarding CP soap:

I have been adding sodium lactate to cooled lye water and wanted to know if the SL can be added directly to the oils instead?

If making a batch of a single color, can the colorant be mixed directly to the oils before adding the lye water?

Same question for titanium dioxide; can that be mixed into the oils before the lye water?

Thanks!

Yes to all 3. Just use your stick blender to get everything really well mixed before you add your lye.

Personally I reserve a little of the water and mix the colours into it first. This ensures they are wet wet up and smooth and there are less likely to be spots of colour in the soap.

It's important if doing 3 different colours to take out say 60 ml from the water in the recipe and put back 20 ml into each different colour. Even that amount of water will make a difference to the soaps hardness.

Back