Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn Lee

Reaction score
I've been making soap for a little over a year now. So I thought I would post some of my creations. Still learning A LOT, so while the soaps usually work well, they don't always look as pretty as I imagine they will. Technique, technique, technique! Love the SoapMakingForum! As soon as I'm done moving to Wyoming (yay!!), I'm planning on becoming a paid member. I'm also going from a super humid climate (Houston) to a very dry climate. Very curious as to how I will need to change my soaping style, assuming I will.

Verbena soap (in the pot swirl, with yellow Brazilian and rose clays) in the mold & cut.
Verbena.JPG

Verbena Cut.JPG

This one is an Irish Coffee Bar (Bourbon, Coffee, and Vanilla with coffee grounds and Cocoa powder as colorant). It smells fantastic. The cocoa powder as colorant part is much lighter after saponification. My first ever spin swirl.
Irish Coffee1.JPG

And a Sea Salt on a Rope bar. I got the mold from BrambleBerry and I have, to this day, never been able to remove a soap without the corners coming off. Very disappointing. I thought for sure leaving the salt bars in for a couple of days would be the trick - not so! 2nd picture of the 1 that came out with 3 corners intact. Still, they smell amazing.
Sea Salt on a Rope.JPG

Sea Salt.JPG

Dog tax!! This is Donkey (the Donkey of DonkeyPaw Soapworks). She was very sad because I told her I didn't want to play with her and her Jolly Ball in the house.
Donkey & Jolly Ball.JPG

Beautiful! And wow, did that cocoa ever get lighter....I had to keep scrolling back to make sure it was the same bar.

I love your soaps!
On the salt bars, how much salt do you use? I had the same problem, until someone here mentioned using less salt....and it worked like a charm in getting the bars out of the mold with clean corners. ;)

Your soap tops are gorgeous!

I live in a very humid place too, I expect you'll have an easier curing time, not having to dealing with excessively sweaty soap and all that lol

Your soap tops are gorgeous!

I live in a very humid place too, I expect you'll have an easier curing time, not having to dealing with excessively sweaty soap and all that lol

That is definitely something I'm looking forward too! I currently live in a very "breathable" old house in Houston where the humidity is usually > 50%, sometimes up to 75% inside regardless of A/C. The salt bars on the rope sweat like crazy after I dug them out of the mold. It has certainly seemed like curing in such humidity wasn't great for my bars - lots of sweating, retaining moisture longer, although, surprisingly, haven't had the dreaded DOS yet.

I love your soaps!
On the salt bars, how much salt do you use? I had the same problem, until someone here mentioned using less salt....and it worked like a charm in getting the bars out of the mold with clean corners. ;)

I've made recipes where I added salt to match the oz of oils used (100%), but this one I only added around 50% salt to oil ratio. It was less than I usually put into my salt bars.

Donkey is addicted to that ball. If we are in the house, she usually has it close to her and offers it to me several times a day to play. She may be sad in the picture, but she's also spoiled! She's one of those dogs that, at 5 years old, has just learned that relaxing is not the end of the world. She's always looking for something to do. I think she's really going to like Wyoming when we get there - plan on lots of hikes!

Those are some really pretty soaps! I love your swirls and your tops!
And donkey is gorgeous! I wish I had a dog like that to play with:D

Latest posts

Back