A craziness in my country: private (illegal) adoption ended up with an 8 yr o...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
To sum up, a 3 day old baby was 'adopted' by an indonesian woman and her expat husband in denpasar, bali, from a couple who couldn't pay for her birth (which is only 80 bucks). A year ago or so, the expat dad passed away. The child was reported missing a month ago and recently found buried in her own backyard, after being tortured and raped by the maid. She was also reported to be neglected, skinny, very quiet, and often came to school smelling like chicken s**t. The adopted mother is currently being investigated.

RIP Angeline.

http://m.metrotvnews.com/read/2015/...-of-an-8-year-old-in-bali-sparks-public-anger

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/06/10/police-arrest-angeline-murder-suspect.html

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/06/10/stepmother-arrested-angeline-s-murder.html

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1434014887.782891.jpg

Hearing things like this just breaks my heart. What a precious angel! The only positive is that she's not suffering any longer. I hope someone pays dearly for this horror.

We just recently had a mother who had killed 2 of her 4 children and put them in a freezer in her apartment. She was evicted, the police when to serve her notice to get out and found that horror. The girl had been killed 2 years before and the son a year and a half. How could family or the kids fathers not have any idea the kids were missing.

There is such sadness in the world today. Seems to be getting worse.

^^^ what a horror!!

I am against the death penalty, but i dunno, reading these things somehow i feel the world would be a lot better place w/o these crazy ppl..

I dont have kids yet, but reading these things gave me goosebumps. Lots of sickos out there!

Some of the horrors against children has made me a believer in the death penalty. What I really think, is that they should have the same thing done to them they did to the child. I have a daughter, 2 grandkids and 2 step-daughters. I couldn't imagine injuring them. I would give my life for them first.

I've just been fortunate to have my daughter and grandbabies here for 3 weeks and am so sad they are leaving tomorrow. I won't see them again until November except for Skype.

Poor baby! She was so cute and innocent...
What a sad life and a sad end to it. I too hope that those responsible will be brought to justice.
I'll be giving extra cuddles tonight to my 8yo daughter.

She was buried in a 50 cm hole in the furthest spot in the backyard next to the chickens cage. It was said that her body was folded to fit in that tiny hole :(

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1434026042.902103.jpg

Police said the house is filthy, stinks of animal s**t (they have dogs, cats, chickens, whatever). Angeline's teacher once bathed her at school coz she was very dirty :( The poor girl walked 6 km everyday to and from school by herself. The whole thing smells fishy, dunno if the family was involved in her murder but they are definitely guilty of neglecting that poor baby!

There is a very special place in H*** for people who have no regard for the sanctity of human life.

I dearly hope there's a very special place in Heaven for children who never had the chance to be treasured.

My little one slept with me last night, all snuggled up in the crook of my shoulder. It's nights like that I don't mind losing sleep; I'm too busy feeling her breathe, counting my blessings. My heart breaks for those parents in Syria, Sudan, Iraq and other war zones who snuggle their children at night to the sounds of soldiers, guns, explosions, hoping they'll see the dawn.

I'm so sorry Angelina, that you were surrounded by all the wrong people.

Angeline's biological parents (she was the 2nd daughter out of 3 btw) never saw her/heard anything about her since she was 3 days old. Can you imagine their horror suddenly finding out their daughter is now dead :(

They were promised that she will be taken care of by the adoptive parents. The adoption was illegal as it was never registered to the government. Lots of ppl are reacting to this case and it's a huge lesson to the current govt.

The cost of her birth was only 80 bucks, which her parents can't pay and it cost Angeline her life. Of course, the parents are not to blame, just merely saying the sad condition :(

I grew up in a really bad environment. The people that say they abuse because they were abused are seriously full of it. I can not conceive of injury to a child. I would protect my own with my life.
In my line of work I have treated many people that have injured or killed their children. Some have been mentally ill and I believe some have pretended to be mentally ill. Some of those people have just been pure evil. I am a firm believer in Judgement day.

This is so awful and sad. I just don't know how those people could have looked into that little girl's eyes and treated her so badly. I couldn't even consider doing that to an animal let alone a child. There are some terrible people in this world.

There used to be a fb fanpage set up by her step sisters since day 1 she went 'missing'. More than 50k liked the page, giving their symphaties, even strangers were joining the searches to find that poor kid.

But today suddenly the fanpage was closed abruptly coz the tides are turning hard against them. Too many things did not make sense. The news are pretty all over the place, including how Angeline was actually murdered coz her expat dad left her quite a fortune (again, no official statement regarding this), but ppl are getting angrier and think that the murder is actually masterminded by the family for monetary reason.

Even if her family are not involved in her murder, they should be heavily punished for child neglect and abuse!

I couldn't read all the posts in this thread, it is too sad and heartbreaking. I cannot understand how people can abuse the most tender and vulnerable. Artisan, I dealt with childhood abuse, not on this scale, and it is something that effects you forever. I really admire the people who work in prevention and mitigation in these areas, they are heroes.

This is the type of situation I deal with in my work, but usually not to the point of death. As a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, I perform the medical examinations for rape victims. I feel a very strong sense of accomplishment every time I sit in a court room and give testimony. I know I'm helping get one more person off the street so they can never hurt a child in that way again. I pray Angeline's tormentors are brought to the justice they deserve. She was very aptly named.

Latest posts

Back