A Couple of Soap Pictures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

CIMG5407-1.jpg

In this one I added gm and cm , it is a very very nice on the skin.

CIMG5390-1.jpg

CIMG5378-1.jpg

CIMG5397-1.jpg

CIMG5400-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Kitn

Kitn, I am in LOVE with your lavender planets soap!! I really really love the last one too and how you swirl the tops!! SO NICE!!!

thank you

topcat said:
Lovely soaps Kitn - love the gelled Lavender Planets particularly - what a difference between the gelled and ungelled.....great pics!

Tanya :)
It really is such a difference , I had extra and that one didn't gel for whatever reason.

I really like the oatmeal one. I like how you cut using th curvey cutter on a slight angle 8) The un-gelled reminds me of brie. Great pics overall :D

How in the world did you get the petal effect with the soap pictured witht he flowers, or is that a trade secret? :oops: That is absolutely fantastic.

Soap_for_breakfast said:
I really like the oatmeal one. I like how you cut using th curvey cutter on a slight angle 8) The un-gelled reminds me of brie. Great pics overall :D[/quote/]

Thank you so much
The log was to wide to sit in the cutter so I had to turn it sideways . :wink:

Kitn

lsg said:
How in the world did you get the petal effect with the soap pictured witht he flowers, or is that a trade secret? :oops: That is absolutely fantastic.

No secret at all ( do soapers have secrets :wink: ) .I made soap balls ( planets) out of a not so great looking batch of lavender and set them in the mold in layers , traced soap on the bottom of the mold , soap balls ,then soap poured over a spoon , them more planets etc . I had little ones in there too , I think the soap fairies ate them. :D

I shred the not so great batches , and make the planets with the shreds. That is something I love about making soap , if you don't like the soap, you can reinvent it. I have had lots of practice reinventing.lol

Kitn

I think I have some "Planets" in my near future with a batch of chocolate soap that went awry. Brown balls ( :shock: ) are kinda boring though.

I have lots of brown too , brown makes good choc chip planets , you could make an oatmeal with large choc chips , or a vanilla choc chip planets , or an oreo cookies and cream, or a manly man oakmoss with brown shreds. Or a very nice dirt soap.the possibilities are simply endless . :wink:

Kitn

I have worked in a nursing home , your shocking comment made me laugh. OMG. Everything but boring let me tell ya.

beautiful! I'm amazed at the difference in gel and non gel. And the purple planets is my favorite :)

Kitn said:
I have lots of brown too , brown makes good choc chip planets , you could make an oatmeal with large choc chips , or a vanilla choc chip planets , or an oreo cookies and cream, or a manly man oakmoss with brown shreds. Or a very nice dirt soap.the possibilities are simply endless . :wink:

Kitn

I have worked in a nursing home , your shocking comment made me laugh. OMG. Everything but boring let me tell ya.

Wow...small world. I've worked in nursing homes (alzheimer's and memory care units) for years and years. The stories we could tell, right?!

Thanks for the great ideas!!! Love them!

I have worked in a nursing home , your shocking comment made me laugh. OMG. Everything but boring let me tell ya.[/quote]

Wow...small world. I've worked in nursing homes (alzheimer's and memory care units) for years and years. The stories we could tell, right?!

Thanks for the great ideas!!! Love them![/quote]

Oh yeah , The queens of brown we could be lol.

Kitn

Great group of soaps! LOVE the top on the omh. It looks like you've really mastered the art of the log swirl! 8)

I'm very jealous!

Jude

Hey Jude, there is no mastering there at all.I have a "new" hair pick with 4 teeth, it makes great swirlies on top if you move it in a figure 8 pattern. I got a package of 8 combs free from Avon, most of them make great soap making tools. :lol: ( well doesn't everything that isn't nailed down)?

Hi Kitn,

I loved your oatmeal double milk and honey one (cm : does it stand for coco milk ?) Anychance I can have the recipe plse ?

I ve allready made a while ago a soap with oatmeal gm (never tried to add honey). Here s the recipe :
Olive 15%
coco 20 %
Palm 20 %
almond oil 10 %
canola oil 20 %
sheabutter 15 %
+ 1 to 2 TS finely grinded oatmeal.

Thanks
Isy

x

i REALLY like the speckeled anise soap! it looks like granite! did you coarse grate white, then blend in at trace?

great job on the soaps, all of them! :D

monet

Kitn said:
Hey Jude, there is no mastering there at all.I have a "new" hair pick with 4 teeth, it makes great swirlies on top if you move it in a figure 8 pattern. I got a package of 8 combs free from Avon, most of them make great soap making tools. :lol: ( well doesn't everything that isn't nailed down)?

SHUT. UP.
Are you serious? That is genius!!! LOL!

Latest posts

Back