A couple of batches from the past two weeks.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry the pictures aren't very clear but I'm not very good at taking pics. Also, for some reason the colors look brighter on my monitor. The colors are softer and lighter looking.

Blackberry/OMH

blackberryhoneyloaf.jpg

blackberryhoneycut.jpg

Yuzu

The top loaf was ITM swirl. I poured what was left of the colored soap back into the bowl and then did an ITP swirl (which I think turned out much nicer.)

yuzuloaves.jpg

ITM cut

yuzuitmc.jpg

yuzuabstracm.jpg

ITP cut

yuzuitp.jpg

yuzuitpcut.jpg

ITM means in the mold and ITP means in the pot. Sorry about that. I'm getting lazy in my old age and I'm starting to use abbreviations more often. :oops:

Love the top Hazel, I must admit I usually do ITP, but love the way your turned out. Did you do it with a coathanger, straight up and down of in a figure eight ?
The colours in the other one are so delicate.

Hazel those are just beautiful....hard to say which I love best...would love to have them all!

Relle9 said:
Love the top Hazel, I must admit I usually do ITP, but love the way your turned out. Did you do it with a coathanger, straight up and down of in a figure eight ?
The colours in the other one are so delicate.
Thanks everyone!

I just used a bamboo skewer and did back and forth along the length and then some squiggles across the width of the Yuzu ITM loaf. The B/OMH was with a skewer and I did more of a "S" pattern - so basically half of a figure eight. :lol:

I'm quite happy with the way these turned out especially the ITP swirl. However, if I really wanted to be nit-picky...

The purple is a blend of purple POP mica and black mica. I mixed it up about equal amounts and then decided it looked too dark. I added more purple. I was annoyed with myself later because I think the darker version would have resembled the color of blackberries better.

The colors are delicate because I'm stingy about using POP micas. Now that I've found another source I'm going to use more in the next batch because I'd like a bright colored soap.

Lovely swirls Hazel! The purple is fantastic. I know what you mean about the pop micas. I seem to be checking TKB daily to see if there is news about a replacement.

I like em! Purple is always a fav with me, but I like the like the delicate colors of the other.

Oooooh pretty! And all these pretty swirlies from the woman who has posted about how she can't swirl numerous times!

I especially like the purple one. :)

Back