A couple new ones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Black licorice made for a family member
b3ndp1.jpg

testing a new mold
2d78uc9.jpg

This is my menthol soap. Scented with peppermint and balsam
5d9e2r.jpg

Thanks:) I got a bit too much black in the first ones but I do really like the swirls. I was try to make a "strong arm" swirl with the menthol one but it got thick too fast.

I love the black and white ones best, they are perfect! The menthol soap is lovely too, I bet it smells amazing, what is balsam? I've never heard of it.

Oh and what's a strong arm swirl? Must go and look them up now!

Balsam is a type of pine, its less camphorous then regular pine, more sharp. I only used enough to give a different cool, sharp note to the peppermint. The menthol added a addition note too, its one of the best peppermints I've made.

Check brambleberry's facebook page for strong arm swirl, thats where I saw it. I don't know how its made but I hope to figure it out.

I just had a look at the strong arm swirls. I'm wondering if they get their name because they are poured really thick so they are difficult to mix? They are really pretty. I found a blog post about them, apparently they are hallowell soapworks signature design.

Love the black and white! Peppermint and balsam sounds like a wonderful combination. :)

Latest posts

Back