A chocolate bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kisha

Reaction score
(Hi there. First post here!) I've been making soaps sporadically now for about a year. I've tried a hot process Castile bar, a salt bar, a shampoo bar (Lindy's recipe from this site, LOVE IT!), and now my first soap with a fragrance oil. I used Rich Dark Chocolate and I live the way it's gone from a pretty butter yellow to a deep chocolate color and its getting darker by the day! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1400195935.413726.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1400195956.165653.jpg

Thanks! I had a sample from Brambleberry. I'm not sure how much it was but I used the 6x6 silicone mold (also from Brambleberry) and I had two bottles that were slightly less than half filled. I'm assuming the slightly swirly look is because I stirred the fragrance oil in by hand after a medium trace. I can smell the soap from several feet away.

oh i loooooveee chocolate soaps!

the color is def getting darker coz i bet the FO has vanilla in it.

I couldn't wait. They are the color of dark chocolate now so I cut a bar into quarters for test pieces. The inside is still butter yellow. It lathers beautifully, LOADS of lather! Wonder what they'll be like a couple of months from now.

Back