A breakthrough!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutterly_uts

Reaction score
I've now had 2 batches fail completely and 1 looking very suspect and I've discovered the cause - all 3 use scents from the same supplier.
So for whatever reason, this supplier + my recipe = problems and so I'm going to try soaping without using them and see if that is the fix.

I also tried a new recipe, forgot it wasn't "mine" and cut it too early thinking it was melting.. nope- just made from a lot of soft oils! <doh!>

I might finally be getting somewhere!!

I'm in the UK. The ones I struggle to work with are from the soap kitchen
I do 40% lard, 20% OO, 20% coconut oil, 15% mango butter and 5% castor oil. Have no problems using FOs from another supplier

This is last night's soaping. The Gingerbread men and the blue soap were FOs from this supplier and actually this morning seem to not behaved quite as badly as I expected so maybe I'm getting somewhere!?

16602628_10154999494919941_6138497039623688367_n.jpg

16730604_10154999494989941_2622087319077431984_n.jpg

I have some similar trays that I bought at a thrift store in Texas a few months ago. I am always on the lookout for a bargain that I can use with my soaping.

Your blue soap is very pretty. Glad to hear your last two batches are working better with your recipe. I assume you are finding a way to make the FO's work in your recipe. What did you do differently?

I assume you are finding a way to make the FO's work in your recipe. What did you do differently?

Changed supplier basically :D
But also blended, blended and blended, split it for colors, blended again, let it sit for a few minutes, blended again, sit again, blended then prayed! I don't get half the same drama from the scents from the other supplier so I plan to just stick to them if I can. The blue looked like it was starting to separating into oil like the previous failure did but thankfully it stayed together. The gingerbread one just looked plain awful and wouldn't do anything until it went like oatmeal

Latest posts

Back