a big sad :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
today i was going into the studio to take pics of my soap ( i want to learn product photography) and i brought along my nearly 1 month old buttermilk bastile bars to take pics of them too. my DD was trying to be helpful and grabbed the box to carry into the studio but she dropped it and every single one of my bastille soap was destroyed. :*(
some were dented, some were broken into chunks and some were embedded with dirt. most of my other batches were fine, with just a couple of dings, but i am so sad about my bastile bars. they were going to be a gift for one of my BFF who is expecting and is due in a month.

on the bright side, i did get some cool pics. :)

That is sad... Especially the time commitment to cure bastile soaps.

You can wash off the dirty ones and smooth the dented ones.. I am sure you can get creative :)

I'm so sorry Krissy!

Could you clean some by washing or trimming them? Others may be able to be used as embeds or trimmed into guest size or sample sized soaps.

Good luck!

Sorry Krissy... I bet your daughter feels awful! I dropped my grandmas birthday cake when I was 5 once... I still remember how bad I felt. :cry:

I'm sorry too - perhaps you could cube them up and make soap cubes and or curls to add with other soaps? Much care today...

:)

Back