A BIG hello from another newbie in Australia!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
I just found (yesterday) this wonderful forum, quite by accident, and I registered to answer a question I could help out on.....now, reading many posts from all you wonderful crafters out there, I know I have found just the place for me!

To introduce myself - I am Tanya and I live in NSW on the east coast of Australia (gorgeous Lake Macquarie :D ) and my special interest is in Melt & Pour soaping. I have felt very encouraged by the attitudes expressed in this forum and don't feel like I'm almost cheating by crafting my lovely, lucious soaps now!

Thank you for being here..... :lol:

Hi Tanya,

Welcome to the forum. It's a very friendly place with some really great resources. :)

I love the artistry you can achieve with melt and pour....still haven't tried it yet. I basically do cold and hot process but am thinking about try a couple of MP projects too. :)

Hello MikeInPdx (love your tag line by the way :lol: ),

Thanks so much for the welcome. I got interested in MP when I was looking for a good wet weather project for the kids in school holidays - and now I'm hooked! It IS really easy if you follow recipes/proportions exactly and I have enjoyed experimenting with developing my own recipes too.

I am currently learning all I can about CP soap making, mostly online, and believe I am almost confident enough to start making my own...... :?

Aussi too

Welcome Top Cat from another fellow Aussi.
I am from Bauple Mountain Qld.Probably nearly as nice as Pport Macquarry.This little ex-kiwis "Little Slice Of Heaven ".
Yes it's like coming home finding this site. :D :D :D

saying hello from maryland

I'm new totally to soap making. I have bee researching all the info I can put my hands on to figure out what process woukd be really fun to do. Where would be the best soap supplier? Where I can sell my soaps? ...etc. Hello to all! Thanks for all info I'll receive from any of you!

Cherry

Welcome to you Bimmergirl

Hi Bimmergirl and welcome.
This is a lovely forum to be a part of.
Thats an interesting tag you have.
Where to get supplies from will depend a little on what country your in as naturally the further you order from the more it costs for delivery.
Some supplies we need to get from other countries when they have a bigger range etc.
So many soap makers ,so many different types of soaps and niches to fill.
You may be a perfume person, a colour person or come from a natural health back ground. But basicaly we bring our selves to soap making so there is a huge mysterious and intriguing range of results.
Asking your self why you are so drawn to it will be the start.
It seems to me from what I have read here that people gravitate to selling their product where ever they feel most comfortable.
IE: You may want to aim at Up Market Boutiques and even then it could be to Shabby chick ones or Reborn hippy type outlets etc.
Maybe you like to rub shoulders with other people at markets.
I think that the potential is enormous. No one person could ever saturate the world with their own soap bubbles.
There you go ,the world is your bath tub ,soap rack, hand basin, what ever but I am sure that some where out there is a special place just waiting for you to fill and along with the rest of us put a bit of sparkle back in the world
Good Luck :lol: :lol:

Thank you Starduster!

Thank you Starduster! The information you gave me is great! I'll keep those tips in mind. How is the soap biz in your country? Thanks!

Cherry

Soapy adventure

I am pretty much new to this my self.
Like you I lay low and studdied heaps.Gathered what I needed.Even kept some special cookie molds for a few years.Actually about 16 years ago I did a couple of batches of good white soap with animal fat just because I had a heap given to me but my heart wasn't in that, me being a vegetarian and all.When I recently shifted I found a milk carton of that soap and it was even better than when I had first made it
Then one great day,with much nervous excitement I made my first batch of natural oil CP and I was in love.
I am exploring this whole new world with lots of good advice from the good folk on this forum.
I am prepared to wantonly let the soap lead me where it will.
:lol:

Hey bimmergirl - welcome to the soap forum. You will find excellent and friendly advice here from lovely soapers all over the world - where do you hail from? It's a wonderful journey in soaping so enjoy yourself! :D

There you go ,the world is your bath tub ,soap rack, hand basin, what ever but I am sure that some where out there is a special place just waiting for you to fill and along with the rest of us put a bit of sparkle back in the world

Starduster, you are so inspiring! I have been a little lost in just what I can bring to my soaps and now I have more direction from reading your post - thank you 8)

Tanya (topcat) xxx

Welcome! I make cp soap but my son does mp and I get to watch his creations. I love mp and it isn't cheating at all. The sky's the limit when you work with it. Enjoy! Welcome. :D

Back