A big goof that turned out to be a big hit!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthsessencellc

Reaction score
I had just bought my new mold, and was REALLY getting back to making more soaps. So I thought okay, I was going to get a little crazy with some colors and try my hand at using 2 colors instead of just swirling one color. Well, to make the long story short, I ended up fragrancing a 6lb batch of soap with 'Sweet pea & Vanilla' fragrance oil, the oil first off made the basic soap a little yellowish in color, well I pushed on, and added Pink Kaolin Clay as a 'pink color' and some purple powder for a separate 'purple' color, it's a powdered soap colorant FDA approved..... I added the coloring in the pot and poured the shibang in the mold..... from what I could see, it looked like a .........well we just wont go to what it looked like, the colors had mingled and it just looked GROSS! Not at all what I was hoping it would look like or intended for it to look like..........

24 hours later I was able to unmold the batch, and make that first cut into the molded soap............ my kids were all standing around eye's glued in antisipation. Well, it didn't look TOO bad.... I was kind of like well.... ya never know, it's kind of psychodelic and maybe it will sell! Here is what it lookes like, and honestly I have had more requests for it, and more moms wanting it for their daughters and kids, OMGosh! I had no idea! Here it is take a look at it and let me know what you think... Pictures really don't help much.... But it is kind of a fun and funky bar of soap, I guess.....

Thank you! I really wasn't sure about it at first, but even my husband said, "it's gonna be the one that YOU think is your biggest goof that is going to end up being your biggest hit!" and he was right............ Funny how that happens, LOL!

I wish I could smell it!! I love anything sweet pea (I'm peeved at my husband because he mowed over my doted on sweet pea flowers). I like the colors and the way you did the swirl! The colors look great together!

If your interested I can send you a sample of it when it is finished curing! I have half the batch already sold so I still have some that I can cut up for some samples.... please feel free to email me if your interested!

Thanks for all the positive comments >HUGS<

That's really pretty!! Well done!
I had a big goof last night too, I'm too scared to cut it :lol:

Latest posts

Back