A Belated Introduction

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m Cathy and I live in New Jersey. I have 5 children, the youngest almost 16. I don’t remember what sparked my interest in soap making a few months ago but the bug has bitten me hard. I started reading everything I could get my hands on. I started with M & P and was having a lot of fun with that but the more I researched and after joining this forum I soon realized I just had to learn CP. I made my first batch 2 weeks ago and have already made 9 batches so far. Soap is all I think about anymore! LOL. It’s crazy but it makes me happy! This forum has been such a wonderful resource and I appreciate all that everyone shares. It’s going to take a while for all the chemistry knowledge to sink in but I just keep reading and researching and each day something else makes sense. I also love to garden ( both flowers and vegetables) and do a ton of canning in the summer and fall. Soaping is a great hobby for the cold northeastern winters but I can’t see myself stopping in the summer so the gardening and canning will have to share time! Looking forward to getting to “know” you all.

Welcome Cathy :).

white-rabbit-smiley-emoticon.gif

I am so glad to hear people say all they think about is making soap! If I am off of work, I watch YouTube videos and study up on this forum! My co-workers tell me my brain has turned to soap!
Welcome! Such a fun art and hobby.

Back