A beautiful stuck in the MOLD

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yahsbiz

Reaction score
I just made a wonderful batch of cp soap and the whole thing is stuckin the molds I tried to pry it out and smushed the soap. I tried to breakthe mold off the soap and pulled the soap apart. The mold is plastic if anyone got some sug. please holla.

For me it works to put the soap (including the mold offcourse) in the freezer. I leave it there for 2 hours (see what's necessary). Then it's much easier to take the soap out.

I hope it works for you too.

If you mushed, the soap was still too soft- I have never put cp in the freezer or in a plastic mold though- see if you can get it out but gently pulling the sides of the mold so the soap can try to loosen- you should see an air bubble or too- then flip it out- it works for mp but not sure on Cp-
I would grab a wooden mold with a liner or silicone loaf pans work- some even sell highly expensive no liner soap molds made out of some type of plastic that the soap won't stick to but they are pricy!

I have put soap in the freezer plenty of times. Longest I've left it there was 36 hours. Then after you take it out, fill a sink with hot hot water, just deep enough to cover the bottom of the mold, and maybe halfway up the sides. Dip the mold into the hot water. Leave for a minute or two.

Then onto a clean countertop, turn the mold over and press on the plastic. If it doesn't release immediately, give it another try (or two) in the hot water. Make sure the water is good and hot (not boiling, careful not to burn yourself).

I had that problem also with my plastic mold. I end up too angry and used the thin blade to worm around the side and tried to pick it out. And I found the new problem: In the bottom of the mold, the soap didnt set up at all even though i let it in the mold for a week. So then I took out the hard part on top and let the liquid part in the mold. It hardened in a day.

What should I do next time to get it harden all the way? Or should I just stop using that plastic mold like forever?

What kind of plastic is it?

If some of the soap was liquid, you might have had separation and your soap might be lye heavy, perhaps unusable.

If you want specific advice, you should post your recipe, soaping temps, etc. The more details the better. The problem might be your recipe or procedures if it took that long to harden up and the consistency was off.

It was an individual plastic mold (the see-through one), I dont know how it called.

I used that batch to test colorant and scent.
Here is the recipe: 30%OO, 30%CO, 30%castor and 10%palm oil. I soaped at 39 degree C. I put them in different molds, plastic and silicon. The silicon one pop out normally after a day. I try washing my hand with the other bar from silicon mold and they did not burn or irritate my skin. So I think it's the mold problem only.

Re: the OP, if you have patience or are otherwise going to give up on the soap, (or if you're going to destroy the mold to get the soap out), just put it aside, like down in the basement or up on a shelf and forget about it for a while- like a week or two. When you see it again, try to unmold it again. It will probably harden and shrink in that time and pop right out. I've had to do that with some of my Milky Way molds because it was near impossible to get the soaps out unless I do that.

Grease your moulds with food safe silicone spray and it helps. Putting in freezer works well.

Giangxamar said:
It was an individual plastic mold (the see-through one), I dont know how it called.

I used that batch to test colorant and scent.
Here is the recipe: 30%OO, 30%CO, 30%castor and 10%palm oil. I soaped at 39 degree C. I put them in different molds, plastic and silicon. The silicon one pop out normally after a day. I try washing my hand with the other bar from silicon mold and they did not burn or irritate my skin. So I think it's the mold problem only.

Why are you using such a high % of castor? Try switching the castor and palm % so that you are using 30% palm and 10% castor. :wink:

LOL, I did the exact same thing today! I knew better too. I made cp soap, waited two days to rebatch it, poured it into my decorative molds.....I forgot to wipe mineral oil in the mold first! So of course the were stuck. I poppd them in the freezer and I only lost one in my haste to get it out:(

Latest posts

Back