A B C's of Avatars?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
A recent post from the Introduction Forum:
I will try to figure out what an avatar is and all the other things here but I’m not really good at that sort of thing
With so many members using the Alphabet as their avatar, I can't help but wonder if they, like Sharon /@Lilway above, could use a little tutorial on how to load an avatar? I'm pretty clueless as well. When I went in to my profile to see how I did it, the original format I signed in on, is gone. :oops:

MellonFriend

Reaction score
Okie dokie. I think I can help.

You are going to want to click on your picture on the toolbar at the top of the screen and you should be brought to a screen that says "Account details" . What you are looking for on that screen is this:
1639937815044.png

Click on the avatar and this screen will pop up:
1639937865257.png

I'm not sure how Gravatar works, so what I would do is just select "use a custom avatar" and click "Choose File".

A window will pop up that is your file explorer. From there you can select what image you'd like to use. If the file explorer does not immediately take you to pictures, you'll need to find that tab. If you're using windows it should be under "this PC".

Select your file and it should be good to go. If your file is too big, you'll need to crop it or use a resizing software. When you are finished, click "okay" and congratulations, you are now not an anonymous letter. :)

Last edited:

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And don't forget there is a loooong (as in: that thread will celebrate its 13th birthday just tomorrow!) history of avatar back-stories:

Last edited:

Latest posts