8x8 or 8x16 what would you choose?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcatblum

Reaction score
This is a 1 day show, expected crowd of 2000. I am used to 10x10 booth & can make that work. The booth sizes are 8x8 or 8x16. 8x8 scares me!!! I am afraid I will be crowded (my 2 teen girls & I will all be working the booth) Thinking of spending an extra $30 to upgrade to 8x16. Figure I could put a 6 ft table in the front on each side so the product is close to the shoppers. It will leave a 4 ft opening for people to walk through & enter the booth. It would give shoppers more space.
Or I could do 1 - 6ft table across the front & leave a larger opening, or even 2 tables that are 4 ft in the front. Am I crazy for thinking I need the extra space? or does it make sense??? This is making my head spin.....

If the extra cost is only $30, I'd definitely spring for the larger booth. Your shoppers will appreciate the extra space to shop, you'll have more options for setting up your displays and tables, and you and your girls will have more elbow room in which to work. I've done an 8x8 space at a few craft fairs and it's really tight, but the cost at those shows to upgrade was much more $$$. I just couldn't justify the expense. But an extra $30 is do-able.

Thanks for the response. I was feeling a tad crazy, since I know most soap people don't do 2 booths. I felt $30 was worth it just so we could be comfortable, but didn't want to take more space than I needed. I think people are more likely to browse longer if they can get in a booth & see the product. I notice many times if multiple people are crowding around a table others don't stop. I always try to make sure I have soap in at least 2 different places so multiple people can look & smell at the same time. Not sure if the extra $30 will result in more sales, but if it keeps my girls from being cramped & stepping on each other it is priceless.

I was thinking everything that DeeAnna wrote. I'd do the bigger space too. I agree on people not wanting to be crowded and some moving on when that's the case.

"...I think people are more likely to browse longer if they can get in a booth & see the product. I notice many times if multiple people are crowding around a table others don't stop...."

You are so very right! Spot on.

Latest posts

Back