80% Shea Butter and 20% Olive??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've wondered that too! It seems like it would be nice but not sure how well it would lather.

The most I have ever done is 65% Shea Butter and 25% Olive Oil. The last 10% was Castor Oil so that I would have a decent lather. It still cleans, is very mild and leaves my skin feeling awesome. 8)

SoapPoopette :wink:

There was a single oil soap review done . The 100% shea had no bubbles, a creamy lotion like lather , was conditioning , but hard to rinse off .
If you are adding some castor , you should get some bubbles. I would add 1TBSP of sugar to up the bubbles too .I want to try this out as well.
Let us know how it works out if you make it , please :D

Kitn

Oh cool! Yeah I think I'll try 65% Shea, 25%Olive and 10% Castor! I'll let you guys know how it comes out. It'll probably be in a week or so when I get some $$ ;) !!

oils by nature has 5 lbs of shea for 17.50$, not going to find a better deal!

honor435 said:
oils by nature has 5 lbs of shea for 17.50$, not going to find a better deal!

Thanks for that info. I really use a lot of shea, and that is quite a bargain.

I'm not trying to pick on the seller at all, but looking thru their other items made me wonder something. They sell "Organic Berry Body Butter" - is it ok to call your product organic when you only have a few organic ingredients in it? In the listing, there are nine ingredients, but only two are organic.

Latest posts

Back