80% Olive oil soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmebabe

Reaction score
80% olive oil and another 20% of castor oil and coconut oil. Scented with falling head over heels in love by the scentworks. Quite nice :)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1417101042.668309.jpg

Awesome. I'm going to soon be making Aleppo with 70% Olive, 30% laurel. Did you have to let these cure very long?

Very pretty soaps! There's something to be said about soaps with a clean, simple line. And I love your packaging, too! Very pretty!

IrishLass :)

Awesome. I'm going to soon be making Aleppo with 70% Olive, 30% laurel. Did you have to let these cure very long?

They cured quite fast within 24 hours. Amazing! Hope the olive oil I used was not a fake one. Hehe

Thank u everyone for the comments :)

They cured quite fast within 24 hours. Amazing! Hope the olive oil I used was not a fake one. Hehe

Thank u everyone for the comments :)

Curing soap takes a minimum of 4 weeks. Soaps high in olive oil take much longer, usually a minimum of six months to a year.

There is a significant difference between when the soup is ready to cut and come out of the mold versus when it is cured. Curing has more to do with water loss and a change in the molecular structure of the soap itself. Whereas being ready to unmold is more when saponification is finished.

Curing soap takes a minimum of 4 weeks. Soaps high in olive oil take much longer, usually a minimum of six months to a year.

There is a significant difference between when the soup is ready to cut and come out of the mold versus when it is cured. Curing has more to do with water loss and a change in the molecular structure of the soap itself. Whereas being ready to unmold is more when saponification is finished.

Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding. Don't know why I thought he was asking about when I can cut it. That was why I said 24 hours. Silly me :p. Yes, they take such a long time to cure. And I thinking about keeping them 6-12 months before use

Last edited:
Back