80/20 Lard/CO success!! Now let's get marbled

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmar22

Reaction score
Just finished cutting my first CP soap and boy, is it white!! Next time, I am considering doing a 1/4 batch with activated charcoal as an additive to give it a swirl. Any thoughts on that?

It will work great. I love black and white soaps. You will have to use a lot of AC to achieve a true black. Make sure your batter starts out a rich black color, it will lighten some upon cure

Thanks for the advice! Any thoughts on going 100% CO salt bar for half poar and the other half activated charcoal 80/20 Lard/CO?

You can but cutting get tricky with combo salt bars. Salt bars harden within an hour or so and need to be cut while still warm and the plain soap portion will not. This is for salt bars with 90-100% salt, less than that, I do not know how long it takes for them to setup enough to cut. Why not do a full salt bar with half colored black. Just color the black batter portion before adding in the salt. I like 90% coconut, 10% castor for salt bars.

Thanks for the advice! Any thoughts on going 100% CO salt bar for half poar and the other half activated charcoal 80/20 Lard/CO?

I would think you would want a slab mold to do this. You would pour your salt batter on the bottom, and let it set until you can pour your regular batter on top without it breaking thru. THen just push your dividers in.

this is the kind of mold I am talking about:

https://www.brambleberry.com/9-Bar-Unfinished-Birchwood-Mold-P5169.aspx

You can but cutting get tricky with combo salt bars. Salt bars harden within an hour or so and need to be cut while still warm and the plain soap portion will not. This is for salt bars with 90-100% salt, less than that, I do not know how long it takes for them to setup enough to cut. Why not do a full salt bar with half colored black. Just color the black batter portion before adding in the salt. I like 90% coconut, 10% castor for salt bars.

Sounds like a plan!

Latest posts

Back