70% Tallow soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernard

Reaction score
Hi, I'd please like to hear some thoughts and advice on my first batch of CP soap.

Untitled-1.jpg

I too would remove the palm as you are using tallow. I would increase the CO between 15-20 and Castor at 5%. In place of the Palm I would add Olive Oil. So, 70% Tallow, 15% CO, 10% Olive and 5% Castor oil. Should be a nice bar of soap.

I too would remove the palm as you are using tallow. I would increase the CO between 15-20 and Castor at 5%. In place of the Palm I would add Olive Oil. So, 70% Tallow, 15% CO, 10% Olive and 5% Castor oil. Should be a nice bar of soap.

This is what I would do as well. No need for palm and tallow both, and this will help your conditioning factor of the bar.

Either the OO or the sunflower oil. Not both. If you have never made the tallow soap without the liquid oils, I would try a batch without OO or sunflower oil, then one with olive, then one with sunflower oil. Then you can see for yourself what you like best.

Agree with Susie..one or the other but not both.

When you are new, you need to learn more than the numbers on SoapCalc. You need to learn how the different oils affect the hardness of the bar, the quality of the lather, etc. First hand experience is the only way to know this. Those oils are also in small enough amounts that the only way to know what each brings to the soap is to try one then the other separately.

Ah ok Susie. Thank you so much!

Just thought there's some interaction between the oils that I wasn't aware of maybe hehe.

So should I omit the Castor as well in the test batches?

Back