6-Cavity Plain Rectangle Soap Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one like that from Amazon. I will warn you that it discolors.

Pour at a light trace and it shouldn't be messy at all. Just like filling cupcakes.

All I make are small batches. I have a small square silicone mold that holds a pound, and I just got the cutest little 6" square slab mold from Nurture that I am looking forward to trying this weekend. I have a tray like what you are looking at, sort of, and it's fine, but if you want to practice swirls and stuff, you'll need something else.

I have one of those, I pour at thin trace with no issue.
I will say that I don't care for it much. Its really thin and the sides bow out some. I only used it a few times.
I'd rather dish out the extra $ for a nice sturdy mold.

I have some individual cavity molds, but not those. I also have the funnel pitcher that bookreader recommended, but I really don't like it. I have better control with the cheap plastic 4 cup measuring cups from WalMart. Or even a paper cup with the rim pinched to form a small spout. A lot of people seem to like the funnel pitchers though, so I think I am in the minority on that.

I have those. They are good at a pinch but they do bow at the sides. So annoying.
Also you will need a board under them to move them after filling.
Use a wide scraper and scrape over the top to get a really smooth finish if you don't pour at light trace.

I have a mold like that but don’t use it much because it is quite flimsy. If you don’t mind a square soap, this one is sturdier:

WARMBUY Square Silicone Mold for Soap Bar Making, Set of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ7SBPG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_GF6NDbYTVBM45

You do still need to put it on a flat something for support. I use old half size sheet trays covered with a dish towel or parchment. I use a funnel pitcher to pour and have found that sometimes the soap wants to “let loose” in a funnel pitcher. If I end up with too much batter, I use a spoon to scoop some out. I also smooth the exposed edge with the flat edge of a silicone spatula. I typically pour at thin trace.

Back