5lb premium wood mold from nurturesoap.com. Com

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know the inside dimensions of this thing? And how high it is inside to the plexiglass rim slot? I'm thinking about purchasing, but I want to make sure that it will be suitable for my needs. . The site only lists outside dimensions.. :(

http://nurturesoap.com/products/5-pound-premium-mold-wood-mold-only?variant=20034743686

Thanks!
~M
I would email them. I never care about outside dimensions, only inside dimensions. Never really understood why a company lists outside. I would consider it a wee pricey especially when the liner and lid are separate.

Last edited:
I would email them. I never care about outside dimensions, only inside dimensions. Never really understood why a company lists outside

Because some people CPOP and want to know if it will fit in their oven.

DextrousM do you need to know the dimensions of the inside of the wood mold itself, or the inside dimensions of the silicone liner? The inside dimensions of the silicone liner are listed on the product page here:
https://nurturesoap.com/products/5-pound-premium-mold

I have 6 of their 7 lb molds. I just got the basic mold with the silicone liners and the inside is as listed on the site. They are great and you can CPOP in them. I only may 5 lbs in them but like the extra space and. I put a wood I
I'd on them from some molds my husband made for me.

Because some people CPOP and want to know if it will fit in their oven.

DextrousM do you need to know the dimensions of the inside of the wood mold itself, or the inside dimensions of the silicone liner? The inside dimensions of the silicone liner are listed on the product page here:
https://nurturesoap.com/products/5-pound-premium-mold

No I meant the inside of the wood itself, minus the liner, which has to be purchased separately...

I did email them and the nice woman who replied said she would have her husband measure, but has yet to reply again.

My spouse is handy with wood, so I am gathering inside dimensions of various molds around the internet so that I can give them to him as I try to determine if there is any set standard of 1" thick bar size in 5lb molds - which there doesn't much seem to be?

I apologize for not getting back sooner. I'm not getting notifications of new messages here for some reason.

Thanks for the replies!

My spouse is handy with wood, so I am gathering inside dimensions of various molds around the internet so that I can give them to him as I try to determine if there is any set standard of 1" thick bar size in 5lb molds - which there doesn't seem to be?

Thanks for the replies!

There is no standard size!
Don't get me started on single soap mold sizes!!!!!:)

No I meant the inside of the wood itself, minus the liner, which has to be purchased separately...

I did email them and the nice woman who replied said she would have her husband measure, but has yet to reply again.

My spouse is handy with wood, so I am gathering inside dimensions of various molds around the internet so that I can give them to him as I try to determine if there is any set standard of 1" thick bar size in 5lb molds - which there doesn't much seem to be?

I apologize for not getting back sooner. I'm not getting notifications of new messages here for some reason.

Thanks for the replies!

DextrousM, the 5 pound soap size would be the dimensions of our liner, not the wood mold itself. The liner is 18 L x 3.5 W x 2.5 H. Penelope is correct, there is no standard mold size. Each supplier's mold sizes will be different, although they may hold the about same amount of soap. I think if you're going to make molds, you should make one in the dimensions that you like and go with that. :)

Back