5lb Batch not setting up - HELP!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update - I waited until I thought it was sufficiently hardened and decided to cut it as it had already been too long for a bar with salt in it. And of course I have crumbling on the bottom of most of the pieces i cut. What a shame for 5lb loaf. I guess at some point I will figure out what to do with it. Thanks again for your advice. Have an awesome day!
The biggest trick with salt bars is the cutting time, and I find it much harder to determine when to cut a bar that only has 25% salt. My 100% salt bars I cut in 45 minutes. The brine bars I make I cut the next day

I used fine grind himalyan salt. And I even ground it finer. I only had 12 oz in the recipe so it wasnt much. Here are some pics, one from when it was almost liquid 10 hours later that I could finally make some small design on top and then one when I cut it on the 3rd day after putting in 170 over for 20 minutes and turning off and leaving in the oven overnight.. The EO's are from New Directions and are fine - Ive used before and no problem. Something weird happened in this recipe. It ended up setting up but days later.

Did you read the first part where it was liquid for the 1st day? This is what I was trying to find out the cause. This had never happened to me ad I posted my recipe. This was a new recipe that I never made before. All of my other salt bars I cut in about an hour.

salt soap2.JPG

soap3.JPG

Latest posts

Back