50lb pails of oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black squirrel

Reaction score
I just got a 50lb pail of palm oil from Columbus Foods and it sounds a little sloshy. Does palm oil in this quantity come as a liquid or is this because its a little warm here today? Do I pry the lid off or do I open the pour spout and put it into more user friendly containers? I know that if I don't think this through I will end up with a palm oil skating rink on my kitchen floor. Help!

black squirrel said:
I just got a 50lb pail of palm oil from Columbus Foods and it sounds a little sloshy. Does palm oil in this quantity come as a liquid or is this because its a little warm here today? Do I pry the lid off or do I open the pour spout and put it into more user friendly containers? I know that if I don't think this through I will end up with a palm oil skating rink on my kitchen floor. Help!

LOL that actually happened to me..pls be careful! :lol:

Mine came in a huge plastic sack. It had a nozzle with a lid. I just removed the lid and poured the palm oil in to smaller containers. It was very messy. Mine came in liquid form also. It eventually turned solid due to the cooler temperatures in my home.

Back