4 new soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
I always feel like this otter when I post here

989986e40c2d6a46d0658c6429e50495.jpg

So the nice thing about being on travel recently is that my soaps are ready to use when I come home, and Im on fire to make more!

The red and black one was the first soap I've made in a new slab mold, only its not a slab mold, its a silicone cake pan with a wire frame I found at a thrift store - need to bump up the volume of the recipe a bit, and figure out how to cut the bars better. The black is charcoal, the red is Moroccan red clay and some infused madder root, the scent is rosemary and lavender.

The purple soap is colored with indigo and alkanet, and has bentonite clay in it as well. Its newer and still lightening up, but Im pleased with the depth of color. I wish I had some gold mica for the top. The pencil line is powdered dried lavender flowers, and the soap is pretty basic except I added cocoa butter & beeswax to make a very hard bar. So yeah the top part did get a little gloopy while I was making the pencil line. The scent is all lavender and smells nommy.

The pretty white soap in front is a true castile, my first. Unscented and 5% superfat. Its probably for Christmas :)

The ugly white soap in the back is an HP 100% coconut oil soap with 0.5 SF for laundry soap. I made that in my "slab mold" as well since its my largest at the moment - I think it could actually do 4 lbs of soap, which is handy (if I ever learn to cut even bars out of it).

4 soaps 2.jpg

Those are nice looking soaps. I'm starting to develop a thing for uncolored soaps, and I really love that big hunk of castile! So creamy looking

Latest posts

Back