4 new scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opalgirl

Reaction score
Pomegranate Chunk soap. I originally made this the dark color but it was way too dark so I cut it up and put it in a batch of uncolored soap.
pomegranatechunk.jpg

By opalgirl at 2011-09-16

Japanese Pear and Ginseng - too much Lemon Lab color and it overheated so it was a bit crumbly ~ a nice soap to use though.
japanesepearandginseng.jpg

Lavender Apples & Oak - Love this scent!! Got it from Elements.
lavenderapplesandoak.jpg

I get impatient when blending and I get too many air bubbles in my soap. :?

Beach - WSP. Omg I love this scent! It is my childhood vacations in a bar. Coppertone and sand and surf.
dayatthebeach.jpg

Nice run of soaps! That yellow- holy cats!!!! but I bet a lot of people would love to shower with an electric bar of soap. Get you going in the morning! The color in your beach-- love it. Such a delicate shade of blue. What did you use?

Thanks. Very little blue oxide. I made a 6# batch and used two spoonfuls of pigment. They are these little white spoons that I got free from a vendor. Maybe an 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon? Not sure.

The Beach stays true in the finished bar? Or true enough anyway? The Lavender Apples & Oak sounds really nice too.

I love the light blue and the crazy yellow. The way the embeds are bleeding into the uncolored looks really neat - I like that effect. And the swirl is very pretty. I barely notice your air bubbles, until I looked back over the post and actually read (instead of just looking at the eye candy) :)

Did you use the lab lemon yellow from BB? I've used it and it has a mind of it's own--full steam yellow ahead. It's really strong stuff and a little dab will do ya. I've been suprised more than once using it. Your soaps look great--including the sunshine yellow!

I really like the light blue color. I think its the perfect blue

Fabulous soaps! I love the blue ... and the fragrance sounds divine!

I think air bubbles are ok in home made soap ... adds to it's appeal!

Back