3rd HP Hanger Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I finally figured out how to get the batter fluid enough to do the swirls. Now it's just a matter of getting the right plant materials for colors figured out and get them infused in oils.
p.s. - Kelp powder stinks! :(

upload_2020-2-15_7-54-11.png

I'll say you have! Thats a lovely pattern!

Is the orange tumeric?
Also, as your comment implies you're using only plant materials, is this also true for the white, or did you use titanium dioxide?

I'll say you have! Thats a lovely pattern!

Thanks! :)

Is the orange tumeric?
Also, as your comment implies you're using only plant materials, is this also true for the white, or did you use titanium dioxide?

I've been kinda playing around with the plants materials and color. The orange is annatto seed mixed with kaolin white clay. 2 tsp of each and made into a paste with distilled water. I did my best to strain it, but still got a little plant material in there.
The white is just plain batter, no color and no clay. :)

Those are some awesome swirls!! Well done:thumbs: it looks like you're starting to really get the hang of doing fluid HP!
If you want to do multi color HP swirls with oil infusions I recommend learning to do oven HP and splitting the batter + adding the infusions before cook, so you're cooking the different colors in separate bowls. If you add the infusions after cook as superfat it might be difficult to get a good color since you can only use small amounts.

Those are some awesome swirls!! Well done:thumbs: it looks like you're starting to really get the hang of doing fluid HP!
If you want to do multi color HP swirls with oil infusions I recommend learning to do oven HP and splitting the batter + adding the infusions before cook, so you're cooking the different colors in separate bowls. If you add the infusions after cook as superfat it might be difficult to get a good color since you can only use small amounts.

Thanks!! :)

Ohh ... good point on the colors. OP will have to wait a bit until I can get some pots or bowls for the oven. Right now I have two crockpots for soaping. One large and one tiny one. Not sure if those can go in the oven. I know they can't go on a stove top, my husband found that out the hard way! lol

Going the head back over to the your thread and the one @Mobjack Bay started on infusing with isopropyl alcohol/clay. :)

Thanks!! :)

Ohh ... good point on the colors. OP will have to wait a bit until I can get some pots or bowls for the oven. Right now I have two crockpots for soaping. One large and one tiny one. Not sure if those can go in the oven. I know they can't go on a stove top, my husband found that out the hard way! lol

Going the head back over to the your thread and the one @Mobjack Bay started on infusing with isopropyl alcohol/clay. :)
Well.. I guess you could do 2 separate colors in the 2 crock pots and swirl them after cook;)

That's true! Does the cook turn the colors brown or do they stick better?
Only matcha powder (and moringa powder after a few months) has turned brown on me so far. I have a hunch powders are more likely to turn brown than infusions, but I'm not sure about that yet.
Eta: I haven't really compared infusion in hp with infusion in cpop yet (something else to put on the to do list). I went quite quickly from oil infusions to alcohol infusions in hp because they're easier to add after cook..

Only matcha powder (and moringa powder after a few months) has turned brown on me so far. I have a hunch powders are more likely to turn brown than infusions, but I'm not sure about that yet.
Eta: I haven't really compared infusion in hp with infusion in cpop yet (something else to put on the to do list). I went quite quickly from oil infusions to alcohol infusions in hp because they're easier to add after cook..

Thanks szaza! I have some plant materials sitting in alcohol as we speak. I LOVE what the hibiscus is doing so far. I can't wait to try it in a couple of weeks! :)

I think I finally figured out how to get the batter fluid enough to do the swirls. Now it's just a matter of getting the right plant materials for colors figured out and get them infused in oils.
p.s. - Kelp powder stinks! :(

View attachment 43929
How do you get soap liquid enough in HP soap? Mine always has the consistency of vaseline and is impossible to work with. I have gone to only doing CP soap now.

Latest posts

Back