3d printer recommendations?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luluzapcat

Reaction score
My downstairs neighbor said he's been spending money lately like it's the end of the world...because who knows right now? and I think it's catching. I don't think I can resist much longer. 3d printers are now available at pretty low cost, and I can imagine so many soapy things I can make, even with a cheap one that only make small parts: stamps, scrapers for layers to make landscape soaps and such, custom soap dough extruded shapes, fancy shaped mold dividers, custom pull-through designs...

Does anyone have any suggestions of specific models, or features to look for, or flaws to look out for?

Hoo boy, I'm excited.

I did! I thought I posted a reply but don't see it--maybe it seemed too much like an ad because I shared the brand name and my enthusiasm. I'll share that again in a post to follow this one so if it gets yanked you'll know I answered. I don't even know if you can private message from this board but if we can go that route, feel free.

I got a Creality Ender 3 which is very discounted right now from the manufacturer (much cheaper than last price I saw on Amazon). It is very beloved in the Maker community so I feel confident about it. It DOES require some assembly, and from what I read the better you are about doing careful alignments and setup the better your results will be. so you'd want to be comfortable with that.

Latest posts

Back