2nd Batch of Liquid Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did dilute a small amount yesterday as is to see how it looked. It's been about 24 hrs now and it's a little yellowish and cloudy. However, I think maybe I over did it with the distilled water. I did a 1:2 ratio (50g paste, 100g distilled water). I'm going to try adding the stearic first and see how it looks before attempting the glycol distearate. That one might be a bit tricky as it is not water soluble.
This is what my 50/50 Lard & PKO looks like. Dilution Rate: 40% soap to 60% water.
Lard PKO.jpg

Made a few months ago. This came from the bottom of a 1 gallon jug. The soap at the top is clear. If you really want a creamy white soap with great lather that rinses clean, and doesn't dry your hands, you may want to try 50/50 Lard & Coconut. When we last talked about it, that's what I remember you saying you were going to try. :)

Oh. Sorry. I thought I sent you my Lard & PKO. Forgive me. I'm not well. 🤪

lol, you did. I don't use PKO so swapped it out for CO (mostly) and just couldn't "not" add a couple of other things. I do the same thing with food recipes ... I can't stick to the original no matter how hard I try. I always have to tweak ... I apologize for tweaking. :(

2 X 116 grams KOH = 232 grams water
3 X 116 grams KOH = 348 grams water

I don't know how you ended up with 247 grams water? Did you superfat?
In any case, you don't want to decrease the water -- especially when HPing.

Yeah, the way that printed out is a little deceptive. I should have added in that I used 3:1 water/lye ratio. The reason it shows 247 is because it excludes the 100g of glycerin. I added the glycerin to the oils with a water discount in the calculator.
Superfat was only 2.5%. I couldn't decide between 2 and 3 so finally just split the difference. :)
1616100077023.png

Latest posts

Back