2nd attempt!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was 2nd attempt at CP and I have to say that I think it turned out pretty okay! It's not perfect. It didn't go perfectly well, but all in all, I'm rather pleased...
My color wasn't what I expected (tomato powder) once I added it, so then I scrambled around looking for red soap coloring and adding and stirring and...and...
By the time I actually poured it into the mold things were quite stiff! LOL
Still liquid enough that I could do my layers which I was trying for the first time - so between learning how to color CP and doing layers it may have been too optimistic for just my second time.
I promoted gel phase with a 'heat in the microwave' shoulder thingy and I think everything looks okay at this point!
The only question I have is: if you look closely at the top there is one spot that is shiny. What's up with that? lol
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Cut Xmas.jpg
    Cut Xmas.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 56
  • One side Xmas.jpg
    One side Xmas.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Other side Xmas.jpg
    Other side Xmas.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Top of Xmas loaf.jpg
    Top of Xmas loaf.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
@jcandleattic - exactly right! I don't own a heating pad, so I used what I had! It worked great! The loaf fully gelled!
@Chris_S - Thanks! I hope it doesn't get DOS or get weird! lol Let you know in 4-6 weeeks! lol

Good luck. So far iv made 4 batches and none of them have gone badly as such just 2nd batch didn't go fully to plan :)

I know some soapmakers use steam to shine the tops of their bars. Could your microwave heat pack thing have produced steam? Kind of a long shot lol

@steffamarie - it very likely could have. It is a moist heat, but not sure it would have been enough to change the top. (although since it's just in once spot - maybe!)
Thanks to everyone for your oh-so-kind comments. I'm kinda sorry that I have to work during the day, because we know I'd have more than 2 batches done, eh? lol

Back