22# to re-melt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Over the past 6 months I have pulled soap bars off my shelves that have faded or gotten dinged or are 'out of season'. I now have a total of 22# of misc bars I won't sell as is. I am going to try & remelt, remake them new again. I melted down my left over VDay soaps & molded them into soapsicles but still have what seems like a ton to go. It's tricky since they are alreday colored & scented, most in layers but it is far too much soap base/scent to waste.

Hmmm.. I don't envy you that project tabitha!
Could you melt the same scented ones down and make guest sized soaps?
Maybe sell them as packages or use them as a gift with purchase?

Cut them up and make confetti soap! I saw a website that the soapmaker chopped up all the soap bars and put them together because her customers liked the smell of all the bars!

pepperi27 said:
Cut them up and make confetti soap! I saw a website that the soapmaker chopped up all the soap bars and put them together because her customers liked the smell of all the bars!

I love confetti soap, it's one of my favs. Pretty and I love the jumbled up scents.

I bet it would be great in MP. Especially clear pieces suspended in white. Will the colors bleed?

I was just melting and pouring a bunch of soap today and I realized that its not really "CLEAR" like it used to be..... it hardens a bit opaque.. why is that? I didn't keep the base in a totally air tight bag, but it was covered up.. I'm wondering if the M&P that you're remelting is clear or not tabitha?

It's about 100 bars. Some where clear base but got colors added, some was shea or cocoa butter base but got colors added. It's a mix ture of stuff.

The clear base can be colored and added to the shea or cocoa base! It will look kewl and those can be resold!

Yes, I remelted about 1/2 on Friday. I will get pictures up tonight.

OK,

I took the easy route, I made solid colored soap w/ louffas embedded. Neon colorants make a good "cover-up".

Green: Cucumber + Mint = Garden Mint
Lavender: Vanilla + Violet = Sugared Violets
Pink: Plumeria + Secret Crush = Secret Plumeria
Blue: Calm Water
Peach: Lolita + Satsuma = Citrus Cashmere
Yellow: Banana Coconut

The soapsicles were made w/ remelts too.

The pictures are aweful. I did not have enough light :? .

Dang, ALWAYS look at the pictures before you wrap your soaps.That way if you need to retake your photos you do not have to unwrap & rewrap the soaps again... grrrrrrrrr...

Tabitha said:
OK,

I took the easy route, I made solid colored soap w/ louffas embedded. Neon colorants make a good "cover-up".

Green: Cucumber + Mint = Garden Mint
Lavender: Vanilla + Violet = Sugared Violets
Pink: Plumeria + Secret Crush = Secret Plumeria
Blue: Calm Water
Peach: Lolita + Satsuma = Citrus Cashmere
Yellow: Banana Coconut

The soapsicles were made w/ remelts too.

The pictures are aweful. I did not have enough light :? .

They look great! Way to go!

Latest posts

Back