2014 Pretty Blind Superfat Soap Swap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Carolyn. Sitting in my dry room as we speak.

I never played Tetris but I think I'm going to be doing a soap version of it to pack these up. I'm thinking I'd better start now to figure out how to get all these different shapes in!

I'm so sorry but I kind of cheated. I was preparing my soaps for shipping and tested one. I also had to slice a little bit off one of Stephy85's to wrap it and I tried it. I can tell you that this will be a really really interesting swap. The differences made me blink a lot. I hope you all don't hate me. Those are the only two I tried, I swear to God.
:smile: I think we can let you slide a little...

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry that the pieces of the -40% water excess Castile are small. I wanted to give everyone a piece from the same batch and the bars shrink a lot. I also wanted to use what I think is the most representative of the results most or all of us have had so I had to use some from a batch that had a couple of bars that I had to hold back because there was some gelling in them. The other bars are responding just as everyone else describes, or mostly so. It's a strange soap. At any rate, it's at least there to try and to compare with other soaps.

I apologize, Green Soap. They are scented and they have some mica in them. The scent isn't very strong (to me anyhow) but hopefully for an experiment, they will be useful to you.

Everything is packaged, labeled and ready to go. Waiting for the last box to arrive but do not have an ETA on it, yet.

soap_rat

Reaction score
It's not me! :)
I was one of the last, but I'm glad I'm not THE last.

How did the Tetris go?

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I would never win that game. Everything fits but it's not the neatest packing job ever. Don't judge me based on it! I'm really hoping the last box arrives tomorrow. I really really want to start testing and I'm sure everyone wants to get at it too. Still no ETA though.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, no sign of the last box and I haven't heard anything from the person in spite of several messages. What say all of you? Wait? Wait for how long? Feedback, please.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
Without giving away their SF, would it make a huge impact in our swap? If not, I say forget it and send them out.

eyeroll

Reaction score
I don't mind waiting another week, but I'd prefer not to wait longer. I'll be disappointed if we can't get the whole range of SFs, though.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I would say it's one of the more interesting Sf levels. It's one I'd like to see too. But I don't want to be sitting in the dark waiting without knowing when it should arrive. I myself might have a couple days of patience but more will be difficult for me.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would wait a few more days and hopefully you will hear back from them. I really hate it when people do not follow through... :(

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Okay. If nothing by next Monday, the boxes will go out regardless.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Last soap never showed and no response to my messages so all boxes went out this morning. The labels said 2-3 days; some people's locations generated a 3 day delivery label and some a 2 day delivery label so everyone should have theirs by Thursday and then let the testing begin!

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Let me ask first- do people want to know the superfats before they test the soaps or test them and then find out? Or do you mean just what superfats are in the box?

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the promised picture. I made two soaps so there is 1 and 1/1 to distinguish between them and there will still be 10 soaps to try plus a piece of the lye excess castile.

I suppose it doesn't change anything to know the SF levels in the box. We are missing our -2.6%, which is probably the one I was the most interested in. Otherwise there are 0, 2.8, 5.5, 8.2, 13.6, 19, 21.7, 24.4, 27.1 and -40%. I wanted to get the difference a bit larger between steps but I had to take what I had with the gram weights that suited the recipe and keep the range tight enough.

IMG_2095.jpg

Last edited: