2014 Pretty Blind Superfat Soap Swap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

lpstephy85

Reaction score
Woot! So excited and can't wait for my box! I think I will give the hubby a couple to see if he notices any differences.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's a big jump from the 13.6 to the 19 but I think I had problems finding a number in between that gave an even number for oils and lye. I was assuming other people had a scale that did only evens in gram, like mine, which is probably not at all the case but by the time I calculated all the recipes, I wasn't going back to re-do it. Another experiment!

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
According to tracking numbers, one person got their box today (lives in the same state I do) and everyone else is set to get theirs Wednesday except for MzMolly, whose tracking number said delivery on Thursday, although it has been through the sorting facility in her state. I'm hoping since it's been sorted there, they may deliver ahead of time and it will get there tomorrow (wednesday) with the rest.

houseofwool

Reaction score
Yep, I got mine yesterday.

And the first thing I did was try out the -40% Castile. Holy moly, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
And that castile was made Feb 25th, so it's not very old, Castile-wise. Someone on that thread said their bars were starting to stay wet. Kind of odd but maybe something happens with cure on that one.

Also someone asked why their SF level wasn't listed and sent me a copy of the first recipe I sent out. After finding my scale didn't do odd numbers, I re-hashed the recipes to be all even numbers and sent out a revised recipe to everyone. I need to check now if people can look and see if they made the first recipe or the revised one, because the SF levels were different between the two. If you can check, an easy way to see is if the recipe has all even numbers on everything, or if there are any odd numbers. Odd numbers are the original, even numbers are the revised. Please let me know.

Last edited:

green soap

Reaction score
I used the corrected recipe (the second one you emailed).

I received my box just now. Hand washed with three of them already.

Should we send you our observations in private and let you post them all when everyone is done? I was thinking about the power of suggestion when reading other's reviews.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I took pictures of the lather on all of them last night but wanted to wait until for certain everyone received their boxes before we start posting what we think.

Once all boxes are in hand, I would say people can post observations and if someone hasn't done their own testing, they should refrain from reading the spoilers and only read/post when they have done their own washing. Sound reasonable?

eyeroll

Reaction score
I made the revised second recipe. And just got my box.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We had one person (so far) do the original recipe and not the revised one, which could have been my fault. I was resending out 9 recipes and I may have failed to send one, so I apologize for this.

The SF's in the box now read as -40, 0, 2.8, 7, 8.2, 13.6, 19, 21.7, 24.4, 27.1%

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Was it supposed to? I used the return address that was on your box when you sent it to me. I hope that was the right place to send it.

MzMolly, your tracking says that your box is at your post office and will be delivered tomorrow.

Last edited:

osso

Reaction score
Made the revised recipe, and I received mine also.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
Received mine today but have not had a chance to try or even open the box yet (shocking, I know!) but I will in the morning. Mine was the retooled recipe.

MzMolly65

Reaction score
I also used the 2nd recipe you sent. I'm off to orientation for a new job today so hoping my box will be in the mail when I get home!

soap_rat

Reaction score
I used the new recipe. I'm not home for a few days, when I get there I will have this box and my new electric chainsaw!

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Looks like everyone has access to their boxes. I thought I would post my pics of lather that I got in order of the numbers on the soaps. The number of the soap is on the pics. I would be curious to see how other people's soaps lather to see if their water makes a difference.

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it supposed to? I used the return address that was on your box when you sent it to me. I hope that was the right place to send it.

It was fine. My daughter does our shipping so her address would have been on the return. She is less than 5 min from me. I picked up my box after my markets today and am just 2 tired to play with them. Two markets in one day leaves me very tired when I get home

eyeroll

Reaction score
I would be curious to see how other people's soaps lather to see if their water makes a difference.
I will post lather pics tonight after work.

I've used a couple so far in the shower (I just can't get any sense of soap washing only my hands) and will post my impressions so far after 4-5 soaps so it doesn't take me a month to give feedback.

I had a dream about the soap box last night. DH and I were on vacation in a mall in Hong Kong (I've never been to Hong Kong, and I hate shopping) and I'd brought all the soaps with me to try out. I wanted to use them in number order but I kept screwing up and bringing the wrong number into the shower. Then, as soon as I'd take the soaps into the shower, they immediately broke out in DOS all over - but not normal DOS, they became a squishy, soft, dark brown color. I was scrambling to use them quickly in the hotel shower (which I do believe was in the mall) while they were turning brown and melting in my hands. Terrifying.