20% OFF SALE at the shop of WOODSKINru on ETSY - Top quality soap slicing equipment!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49910

Reaction score
12 bar soap cutter from Siberian birch with Polyethylene working surface

I just ordered this from his shop on Wednesday night 10-13, and it's already shipped and will be here next Thursday 10-21.

There are 13 of the 16 items he has on his shop for sale at 20% off plus shipping. He's located in St. Petersburg Russia.

il_1588xN.2412506199_qef4.jpg
il_1588xN.2412506159_mtnj.jpg

I ordered it with 1" spacing between the wires so I will be able to get 12 - 1" bars from my Tall & Slender Soap Loaf Mold and my 3" PVC Cylinder Mold for the shaving pucks.

Wow, that was one beautiful cutter. Almost like a musical instrument in design. I wouldn`t mind one of those in my stash. Most of my soaps are in individual molds, but three are in a log mold. I may splurge on this one at one point!

Wow, that was one beautiful cutter. Almost like a musical instrument in design. I wouldn`t mind one of those in my stash. Most of my soaps are in individual molds, but three are in a log mold. I may splurge on this one at one point!
One can tell from the craftsmanship that he is a cabinetmaker by trade. The fit and finish seems to be excellent. His ETSY shop gets continual FIVE STAR reviews.

Update on my new soap cutter! It is arriving today via DHL Express! Whoop! That is some darn fast shipping since it left St. Petersburg Russia on Oct. 15th.!

I feel like I did when I was 8 years old waiting for Santa Claus 🎅 to slide down that chimney and leaving that steam engine I wanted under the tree! LOL!

🎄

It's here and the quality of construction and parts is BAR-NONE!

Awesome to hear! It is great to know that the pictures are true to the quality of the cutter.

I have put it in my wishlist (ouch, it is growing into a big monster...) I couldn`t get it right now, but sooner or later it will absolutely be mine. I see great things about Bud`s soapcutters too, but they are more expensive both in the general way (I know the quality is great, it isn`t that) but also the shipping he offers are more than twice as much as the one from Russia.

Wonderful! I still remember that first amazing loaf cut with my (then) new multi-bar cutter... the clouds parted, the angels began singing, and my husband said, "That's the best looking soap you've ever made." 😁

Hello Professor, I am thinking of ordering the same cutter and was hoping you'd comment on whether you're happy with it?
Yes, I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. Very well made throughout. Solid construction, excellent fit and finish, quality hardware. Just picking it up you can feel the solidness and quality built in to it. Very consistent cuts and quicker than using a single wire cutter or big dough scraper-type cutter.

One must remember when using it to allow time for the wires work work their way through the soap loaf.
In other words, don't try to force the wires through, an easy pressure and about 10-15 seconds later the wires cut through and you'll hear a gently "twang" of the wires. After each cut a bit of soap clings to the wires, take a piece of paper towel and wipe the wires off. If not, the bit of clinging soap may cause a slightly coarser cut.

When you first receive it, the wires are not tightened fully. Tighten them till they will twang a high C note or so and let them rest for a few hours. Come back a few hours later or next day and tighten them again. This may take another tightening after this. The wire is new and stretching, one you're able to get the wires taught and twangy, you're good to go with cutting a loaf of soap.

FYI, tighten the wires gently. It doesn't take much to get them to where they're tight and ready to use.
Also, he includes several replacement wires with the ball ends already attached in a poly bag taped to the bottom of the cutter. Don't throw away the ball ends if you ever break a wire. Keep it and use it with a new replacement wire.

Back