20% off of Everything WSP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't be sorry.

So Volcano arrived today. It's nice, very fruity. Almost like fruit punch. I just got 2 oz, so I need to determine whether I'm going to use it for soap, wax melts, or other stuff, like lotion bars. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm usually not a huge fan of sweet, fruity scents. I made a pound loaf of soap today using Nurture's Smell the Rainbow, which all the reviews said smelled like Skittles.

Except I don't get anything like that. I'm not sure what it smells like, which is kind of strange. I usually love Carrie's fragrances, but this one, not so much.

So Volcano arrived today. It's nice, very fruity. Almost like fruit punch. I just got 2 oz, so I need to determine whether I'm going to use it for soap, wax melts, or other stuff, like lotion bars. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm usually not a huge fan of sweet, fruity scents. I made a pound loaf of soap today using Nurture's Smell the Rainbow, which all the reviews said smelled like Skittles.

Except I don't get anything like that. I'm not sure what it smells like, which is kind of strange. I usually love Carrie's fragrances, but this one, not so much.
If you decide to put it in soap, it is super easy to work with. Plan something extra fancy :) I don't remember much about Smell the Rainbow other than it was alright, behaved well and I didn't put it on a must have list. Lots of people really like it though. I just had a small amount and didn't reorder. Another one that so many people seem to like that I thought I'd try is Bite Me. I have a couple of ounces I'll use in something and that's that for me.

If you decide to put it in soap, it is super easy to work with. Plan something extra fancy :) I don't remember much about Smell the Rainbow other than it was alright, behaved well and I didn't put it on a must have list. Lots of people really like it though. I just had a small amount and didn't reorder. Another one that so many people seem to like that I thought I'd try is Bite Me. I have a couple of ounces I'll use in something and that's that for me.
Maybe I'll try it in the pull through soap. I made a double batch of the batter recipe that Wildplantanica sends with its discs to try it, so I may use it there. Does it discolor?? In going through my fragrance inventory (thanks for that suggestion), a disproportionate amount of my fragrances discolor. So I'm always questing for FOs that behave and don't darken (thank you Nurture for your "Perfect in Soap" section).

Does it discolor??
I colored my whole batch and forgot to pour a little sample of uncolored batter with the FO mixed in. WSP notes say it discolors to light yellow and I used yellow (neon :oops:), orange, red and black in the hopes that if it did discolor, it wouldn't matter. I haven't noticed any discoloration in the bars as of yet.

I seriously looked at Volcano after all the raves, but passed as I'm not into fruity scents. When Carly B said it smells "almost like fruit punch" I was so glad I passed. I cannot tolerate that smell...I've never even sipped it as I know it wouldn't get past my tongue let alone slip down my throat! Don't know why or what is in it but it's one of those scents that trigger my gag reflex.

I did manage to find other scents that stayed in my basket for a few days. Then I looked at the amount of scents that are already in my fridge in the garage and decided if I bought all of those that I thought were yummy I might have to toss out some that I know I like! I was a very good and frugal old lady! But sad, too.

I seriously looked at Volcano after all the raves, but passed as I'm not into fruity scents. When Carly B said it smells "almost like fruit punch" I was so glad I passed. I cannot tolerate that smell...I've never even sipped it as I know it wouldn't get past my tongue let alone slip down my throat! Don't know why or what is in it but it's one of those scents that trigger my gag reflex.

I did manage to find other scents that stayed in my basket for a few days. Then I looked at the amount of scents that are already in my fridge in the garage and decided if I bought all of those that I thought were yummy I might have to toss out some that I know I like! I was a very good and frugal old lady! But sad, too.
I keep meaning to try that "frugal" thing........

Yes, I only looked, then I caved. Bought over $100 worth, (that's not saying much 'cos it's easy to do). Today I had an email from WSP saying my order will be delayed due to a train derailment. :smallshrug:
All is well. :dance:The derailed box arrived today, pretty banged up but everything inside was intact. Yeah!

Back