2 soap questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annmarie0407

Reaction score
I just made my first 2 batches of Goat milk soap tonight. 1 is lavender, the other is sensuality. I hope they come out. I will post pics and you guys can tell me your thougts.

So, my first question is why does soap burn your eyes? Is there a way to prevent this? I am just thinking about the baby and Toddler lavender soap I am making.

My second question is where do I get the wraparound labels for my soaps. The ones like this

http://www.indigowild.com/shopping/natural-zum-bar-goats-milk-soap.cfm

I bet I can make my own wraparound labels..but I do not know where to start......HELP PLEASE

Annmarie0407 said:
So, my first question is why does soap burn your eyes? Is there a way to prevent this? I am just thinking about the baby and Toddler lavender soap I am making.

If I'm not mistaken (and someone please correct me if I am), but I believe it has a lot to do with the PH (and chemicals like fragrances as well). Not very many things are made to go into the eye, but even when things are made for use in the eye, they need to be properly clean and carefully PH balanced.

I don't know of any way to prevent the burning other than keeping one's eyes shut tighlty when using soap on the face or washing the hair. When I was a child and my mom wanted to wash my hair, I remember her giving me a folded up facial cloth to cover my eyes with while she cleaned me up. I did the same for my son when he was younger, too.

IrishLass

I seem to remember reading years ago about tearless soap products. They're tearless because they include an numbing agent.

I don't remember where I read or heard that, tho.

Yes, that's what our pedi said. The 'tearless' shampoos contain a numbing agent so it's not because they are pure, but that the kids just can't feel it. I do have to say though that my DD can still feel a little sting with the 'tearless' shampoos so I guess it's not enough numbing for her.

I like the idea of putting a washcloth over their eyes to prevent it getting into their eyes.

IrishLass said:
When I was a child and my mom wanted to wash my hair, I remember her giving me a folded up facial cloth to cover my eyes with while she cleaned me up. I did the same for my son when he was younger, too.
IrishLass
My mom used to do the same thing. That is a memory that takes me WAY back.

Back