2 new CP soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christost7

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
You all have been there : prepared a design in your head, premixed your colorants for your intricate 4 -color- in- the- pot- swirl, everything was going great until you added the (supposedly non-accelerating) FO and it all turned into almost cement within milliseconds...:)
I tried to make the best I could and randomly made some swirls and layers as i was desperately trying to put the soap batter (glue) into the mold...
You can see the result below.
It turned out fugly (but better than i thought) so I decided to sacrifice some bars, shred them into little bits, incorporate them into a plain white batter and make my first confetti soap.
As always, feedback is more than welcome!

WP_20161029_14_39_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20161029_14_40_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20161029_14_40_21_Pro.jpg

I would have gone with the striped soap. It is gorgeous!

The confetti soap is very pretty, also, though. But I would have not told anyone that I had intended a different pattern on those stripes, and just let the compliments roll in.

Sometimes life is like that. You start out intending to do this, but then you end up with that, and that is OK. You just have to learn to look at it without the expectation you started with to realize that what you have is pretty awesome, and you don't need to fix it.

I absolutely adore the layered soap. Very good job tapping down to keep the air bubbles out. That's where I have trouble when faced with the same situation.

Congratulations on your first confetti soap. You got a lot of bars of it by only sacrificing two of the other. That tilted top gives it a nice interest.

Thank you all for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
The truth is that my wife and daughters prefer the first "failure" soap as well, even though they think the confetti soap in fun :)
Good thing I shredded only 3 bars then :)

I love the first one.......the colors go so well together. Also, I love the way you poured the confetti soap. It looks awesome

NO not fugly!! I love the layers actually. Very lovely. And it looks like you achieved full gel too. I say KUDOS!

Latest posts

Back