2 month hiatus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaria

Reaction score
I've been trying to catch up the last couple days after just basically disappearing for the last couple months. It has been crazy around here. Around mid June boyfriend and I started to process of buying a house. End of June we went on vacation with friends. We rode the motorcycles from southern Illinois to Buffalo, NY. While we were out there, bf proposed!! Came back home and had some issues with the sale of our current house, closed on the new house, started completely redoing the inside of it, trying to get the old house ready to go on the market since our "as-is" buyer backed out, and started planning a wedding. Been going non stop ever since and haven't had any down time since then. I'm finally starting to get on top of things. Still don't have time to make any soap, but I can at least read about it and look at it while I'm working now. And I can't WAIT to get my new soaping room set up and post pictures for you all! So what's new with you guys? :mrgreen:

Wow! And here I thought I was very busy lately! :lol: Congratulations on your engagement and your new home! That's so exciting!

I've been busy with my new gardening project, plus I just started taking private piano lessons with my niece, who is a brand new music teacher. And of course I'm trying to replenish my stock of gift-giving soap before Christmas descends upon us.

Welcome back, even if all you have time for right now is reading!

IrishLass :)

Congratulations on the engagement and the new house! You definitely have a lot going on. Home buying/selling/remodeling and wedding planning... wow! :)

I'm in about the same place as you... in process of getting my new soaping room set up. The last thing should arrive next week, and then I've got a weekend planned of nothing but soap, lotions, scrubs and bath bombs. It's been waaay too long.

Thank you all! It's been crazy/fun/stressful/tiring all at once lol. Of course, I decide to DIY as much as I can for the wedding which may not have been the wisest choice in hindsight lol. But it will be worth it in the end. And I keep telling myself the honeymoon will be my reward for working my butt off now :)

Latest posts

Back