2% does make a difference

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grate 1/3 of a bar of pine tar soap and dissolve it in 4 cups hot water, put it in a spray bottle and spray around the house where I see ants. It doesn't only repel, it kills, so better yet if you find the nest where they're coming from. You may have to spray more than once but then (at least for me) they're gone!
Thankyou so much for the info. I am going to try it, since I have some pine tar soap.
Here is a pic of part of my view, but it is not pretty today. On clear days we can see Santa Catalina Island and once in a while San Clemente Island

20180612_111329[1].jpg

Beautiful!
And I agree, 2% makes a difference. I saw the title and yelled "yeah!"

Man, I just can't leave things be... Just lowered my Castor to 2.5% and upped the RBO.
Hope that works out well.
Shouldn't really effect lather with PKO around 30 %

Man, I just can't leave things be... Just lowered my Castor to 2.5% and upped the RBO.
Hope that works out well.
Shouldn't really effect lather with PKO around 30 %
I'm the same way. I keep changing recipes before I've given the last one enough time to reveal is awesomeness. I took a bar to work 2 weeks ago. It was from a batch I made during the soap dough challenge for my son's wedding. That bar is freaking awesome! It's rock hard, able to withstand being used several times a day by all the ladies on 2 shifts and it leaves our hands feeling silky! Now I have to find where I put that recipe so I can make it again!

What you didn't write the recipe in the Challenge thread ? shame on you.
I keep recipes till I know for sure I don't like it or I found something better.

I just tossed out some because I changed out CO in my bars

cmzaha....I put 1 c. baking soda down the drain followed by 1 cup vinegar. While it's foaming pour boiling water down the drain. It works for me.

For anyone going to try this be really careful if you have slate, limestone, sandstone, granite or marble tiles as the vinegar and baking soda combo will eat into them.

Latest posts

Back