1st try bastile type recipe....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. My 1st attempt at bastille recipe. Replaced water with avj. Used ivory soap for fragrance. Got td spots. But everything else worked ok. Thanks for looking.
20201204_011752.jpg

had it in my head this soap should be light pink. Not sure why. But used a bit of rose clay and td to the oils. in hind sight I did not need TD.

I have fallen down the same rabbit hole.
I have used the cutters you use for fondant. Its how I did the soap dough daisies on my latest soap. I used a 5 petal flower cutter then flattened each petal a bit and put the orange center on by making a small ball and flattening it.
I did the butterflies also with a fondant cutter but their shape I got from a clay tutorial.
View attachment 52253

Also got the bears from a clay tutorial
View attachment 52254
Ive done penguins and snowmen and gnomes from Sorcery Soap videos
I was wondering how you did those butterflies! The bears and roses are SO cute too! I just did butterflies with an extruder that I’ll cut today. I think they’re meh, but not sure yet.

I like making embeds with it. Usually sculpted ones but also with molds. for Christmas time I use the embeds to make a hybrid/cp and mp snow globe soap.
Another use is doing soap veneers (inlaid), where you scrape the bar with a tool and fill with soap dough.
If your soap dough is sticky it works well for stenciling as well:

Also, here is how I made my flower embeds that come so handy when a soap goes south and are just made with little balls.

Ooh! Stenciling is a new one for me! Cool. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back