1st try at M&P!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
So these are the first soaps I have made. I bought supplies at Michaels just to make sure I liked doing it! I want to try doing this some more and then get into CP. I really enjoy reading all of the posts here! Thanks!

soap1.jpg

I used...

I just used a white base and colors from Michaels. I used lime zest in the green (which you aren't supposed too!) and some lavender in the purple and orange oil in the orange. Nothing fancy, just trying to get the hang of it! Thanks!

The green one is so pretty!

Just remember, those soaps have to be fully wrapped up!

candice19 said:

Thanks Candice! So, Even is you plan on using in the next couple of weeks they need to be wrapped? I wasn't sure about that. And do you have to shrink wrap or can you use cello bags? Thanks!

agriffin said:
candice19 said:

Thanks Candice! So, Even is you plan on using in the next couple of weeks they need to be wrapped? I wasn't sure about that. And do you have to shrink wrap or can you use cello bags? Thanks!
I think one major disadvantage to M&P soap is that it has to be wrapped immediately. I don't let mine go for more than 24 hours from the time I pour to the time I wrap. Sometimes if I go longer, I do notice very slight dew on the surface.

I use shrink wrap, but saran/plastic wrap is another option. I wouldn't solely use cello bags - I'd do shrink or saran before putting it in the bag. Just keep in mind that the soap has to be airtight, otherwise moisture can develop.

Yeah they tend..to sweat a bit which I quickly found out the hard way! :shock:

Back