1st try at a tiger stripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derpina Bubbles

Reaction score
Had to try after admiring everyone's tiger stripes all this time. I've done a modified dandelion zebra stripe but for some reason never a tiger.

*The tiger bit me by the way. I was using the spatula to scrape the bowl and pushed too hard near the bowls edge, it flicked, I wore a bit of batter to the face. There I am like golem "It burns, it burns us". Fresh batter on your lips = ouch. The drops on my cheek I didn't even feel.

I also did a cherry blossom yesterday. I didn't use a technique. I just put soap in the mould random. This you can tell :lol:. I call it blob swirl.

tiger stipes.jpg

cherry blossom.jpg

They are both beautiful. The blossom reminds me of fresh blooms.

gorgeous, as always. hope your face feels better soon.....

Gah, SO jealous of your tiger stripe. Absolutely beautiful, so crisp.

Beautiful soaps! The tiger stripe and cherry blossum soaps are both gorgeous. :) Did you scent the tiger stripe soap?

I had to look up the dandelion zebra stripe technique you mentioned, which lead me to read about tilted zebra stripe and so on... Now I have lots of new things added to my list of things to try!

I've had some fresh soap batter splatter on my face as well. I was able to rise it of right away, but it left a bit of a red mark for a few days. Hope you didn't get any serious burns!

Thanks all and yep face is fine, just some peeling on the lips. I forgot to mention the fragrance QueenBee, which is a blend of 5-fold orange, patchouli and black pepper EOs (4:2:1). My list of things to try keeps getting longer thanks to this forum too!

Beautiful looking soaps! I love the tiger one. I might attempt to do it at some point, but I'm not brave enough now. :)

They are both amazing, but i kinda lean towards the cherry. The random swirl turned out beautiful!

Thanks all and yep face is fine, just some peeling on the lips. I forgot to mention the fragrance QueenBee, which is a blend of 5-fold orange, patchouli and black pepper EOs (4:2:1). My list of things to try keeps getting longer thanks to this forum too!

Glad there was no serious harm done... Except now you might have to add lip balm to your list of things to make! :p

Back