1st SMF Soap Challenge- July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh lordy those are pretty TViv. I am dying of the jelus of KristaY's and Newbies soaps too.

Woo Hoo!! Post number 50...I can officially enter the July Challenge now!!!

1)Newbie (I haven't combined many of these patterns, so this will be new to me too)

2) Saponista (Can't wait to get started )

3) Galaxy (Woot! Lots of cool swirls will come of this!)

4) not_ally (Lots of hair-pulling will come of this! Hopefully some cool swirls as well.)

5) Seawolfe (no idea what I'm doing, but will get soap batter in my hair and have fun))

6) Soapswirl (excited to try something new!)

7) Dixiedragon (got something in mind!)

8 ) Mintle (I am swirling on the inside already hehehe )

9) Lionprincess (is busy swearing mightily because her phone service stinks)

10) KristaY (went scouring the dollar store this morning for interesting tools!)

11) Sonya - as if I would miss it!!

12) Artisan Designs (by Kat) -(I have some plastic throw away things from work I am hoping to use)

13) doriettefarm (I'll give it a shot. I have something in mind after studying newbie's AL swap soap and youtube videos.)

14) kumudini ( I'm decided, finally!)

15) TVivian (I'll play! Even though I've never made a swirled soap in a slab mold before!)

16) Dillsandwitch ( Either the cold has buggered off or the drugs I got are working )

17) jules92207 (Cause someone has to be the not so talented soaper so you all can feel even better about your soaps - ��&#128516

18. Kisha (so jules92207 won't feel all alone with her not so talented status��, and because you guys are just so dern convincing)

19. rainycityjen (my house crest is We Do Not Swirl. So let's see how this works)

20. TRBeck (got my first slab mold coming this week and it needs breaking in).

21. TeresaT (I have visions of grandeur and no talent to go with them.)

22. TheDragonGirl (first time doing a slab pour, should be interesting)

23. Judiraz ( jump in' in the deep end without a float)

24. Balloons (she's a slippery bugger. I feel like a fisherman with a tall tale about the awesome soaper I caught a few times but she kept getting away.)

25. SunWolf (Woo Hoo, finally made 50 posts!!)

YES! Way to go, Sunwolf! Get cracking there, missy or mister, as entries have to be in by the end of the day on the 25th, but I think you will have ample time.

You said it! WOW!!!

Krista- how in the world did you get those lines so straight?! I need lessons!

As if Viv!! Biggest thing - no coffee or diet coke before soaping, lol! Other than that, patience, grasshopper, patience.....

Honestly, I used a really slow moving recipe with no castor then added my FO to 3/4 of the batch, poured. Divided the unscented part and colored. I got my technique down when I was making all the Mardi Gras wedding soap and did 12 batches of peacock feathers.
icon_crazy.gif

Oh wow! The entries so far are amazing - so impressed!

Quick question about the deadline - as a few people are in different time zones which time zone does the midnight relate to? Just in case anyone is pushing the limit to the last day.

If you made a full thickness soap, Jules, slice the top off- just a thin slice- before you judge. The top moves far more than the soap below it, so it may not be muddled at all a bit farther down.

We'll take midnight Pacific time , to cover everyone. WE could do midnight in each person's time zone but I'm not going to go checking everyone's location and correlate it to the posting time.

Ironically, when I read your post, Sonya, the time stamp for me was....midnight on the nose, lol.

Since you said "chaos everywhere", DragonGirl, how about Christmas Chaos? The colors beg for a winter holiday name. Could be December Mall Riots or Black Friday Fracas. :p You can have loads of fun with your really fun looking soap!

Nice job, Sonya! I see variegated leaves, petals and hearts. Great colors too. :razz:

The entries so far are very impressive. Being new to all of this, seeing the photos of each step really helps me see how the swirl patterns evolve. You are all so creative!

If you made a full thickness soap, Jules, slice the top off- just a thin slice- before you judge. The top moves far more than the soap below it, so it may not be muddled at all a bit farther down.

We'll take midnight Pacific time , to cover everyone. WE could do midnight in each person's time zone but I'm not going to go checking everyone's location and correlate it to the posting time.

I was totally thinking that newbie. The bottom looks really cool. We shall see when it hardens more but I am gonna try the same design again today. In my fit of frustration I deleted my video and pictures so it won't be a submittal anyway.

Ironically, when I read your post, Sonya, the time stamp for me was....midnight on the nose, lol.

Since you said "chaos everywhere", DragonGirl, how about Christmas Chaos? The colors beg for a winter holiday name. Could be December Mall Riots or Black Friday Fracas. :p You can have loads of fun with your really fun looking soap!

Haha! gosh I love it

I wish I had the knack with colours some of the others do though wow

All of the entries are so AMAZING!!!! So impressed and inspired by all of the efforts so far!

Latest posts

Back