1st Milk & Honey Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone,

I just finished making my first batch of Milk & Honey soap. I added my milk (powedered mixed in a little water) & liquid honey at light trace and then it seemed like trace almost reversed and it took quite a while to get it to the point of being ready to mold. Has anyone else had this happen?

Cheers
Lindy

I've had honey do that to me. What a pain. But if you keep mixing it eventually pulls together again...

Thanks Carebear - here is the pictures of the unmolded soap. Unfortunately I unmolded and cut while it was still a little soft so once it hardens up I'll need to clean up the cut lines.

MilknHoneySoap001.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.

Cheers.

They look very pretty!!! Is that honey on some that did not incorporate?

Digit

Those are so cute! Bet they smell amazing! What oils did you use?

I love the molds. You must tell where you got them!
I have a penchant for bees. Deborah means bee, it's kinda my thing.

Good morning,

Digit thank you - you're almost right, the oils hadn't totally aborbed yet las night but this morning they are looking a lot better - here's a picture from this morning:

MilknHoneySoap007.jpg

Hey Deda, thank you :!: I bought the mold from a local supplier and it's a Milky Way mold. Most soap suppliers carry them and from I see this one is pretty standard. I really wanted it for my Milk'n'Honey Soap.

Now I'm going to remelt the rest of this batch and pour it into the mold too - so all of them look the same.

Cheers

Hi Deda, Sorry I forgot to give you the oils - here's the recipe I used.

12 oz EV OO
16 oz Coconut Oil
12 OZ Sunflower Oil
5.93 oz Lye
14 oz water
1 oz Vitamin E Oil
1 OZ Sweet Almond Oil
1/4 C Powdered Milk
1/4 C Honey

Held back 2 oz water to mix with powdered milk, mixed milk solution and honey in at trace - trace seemed to reverse and then I managed to get it back and then took it a little further

Cheers

Back