1st Lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godiva

Reaction score
This is the recipe I used to make my 1st lotion - total was 30 ounces, not counting fragrance and preservative:

sodium lactate 1% 0.3
stearic acid 2% 0.6
ewax 4% 1.2
sweet almond 6% 1.8
apricot k oil 4% 1.2
shea butter 1% 0.3
sunflower oil 3% 0.9
water 79% 23.7

preservative 1% 0.3
fragrance oil 4% 1.2

Right now it is cooling down, but at this point, appears that it is going to be too watery.

If it is too watery, can I make a batch with less water to hopefully be a bit thicker and add it to what I already have?

Also a person I worked with said she went to a shop where she could choose the fragrance she wanted and they would mix it with a lotion base. Do you think that this would work with this type of lotion?

it should thicken as it cools, and yes, you can scent it by the bottle rather than scenting the whole batch the same scent. :)

krissy said:
it should thicken as it cools, and yes, you can scent it by the bottle rather than scenting the whole batch the same scent. :)

Thanks Krissy.

It was still pretty watery late last night, but this morning it had thickened to a nice consistency.

Keep in mind too that the additives you put in can affect the consistency: any citrus (including GSE) will probably thin your product
Zinc oxyde will thicken it etc

Latest posts

Back