1st batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toan

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I just wanted to share my first bacth ever! i did a small batch and something simple just to start getting used to, the recipe was:
85% olive oil
10% coconuit oil
5% castor oil
33% LC
Bergamot EO

I'm looking forward to continue practicing and discovering new recipes and methods!

20200913_123754.jpg
20200913_124524.jpg
20200913_130518.jpg

I really like the color!! So light and pretty.
how quickly were you able to cut the soap after pouring? I made a high OO soap some months ago and it has yet to harden to the point you would consider it soap. Lathers like a champ though. Took me over a month to get it out of the mold it was so soft.

Last edited:
I really like the color!! So light and pretty.
how quickly were you able to cut the soap after pouring? I made a high OO soap some months ago and it has yet to harden to the point you would consider it soap. Lathers like a champ though. Took me over a month to get it out of the mold it was so soft.

Thank you Iseleigh!! Yes i like its natural color too.

I was able to get it ou of the mold and cut it more or less 16h after pouring. Currently, room temperature in my town is around 30 °C, i don't know if that could help to "harden" a bit faster

Those look wonderful, Toan!

Thank you GemstonePony!!

Beautiful 😍

Thank you tommysgirl, now i'm very impatient to start using it lol

This looks so nice, well done. And bergamot is on my top favorite scents.

The strategy with impatience is to soap regularly and eventually you'll always have something cured!

You're right, i'm going to follow your advice 😁

how quickly were you able to cut the soap after pouring? I made a high OO soap some months ago and it has yet to harden to the point you would consider it soap.
For quicker unmolding and cutting, as well as reducing the "Slime" that is typical of Olive Oil Castile soaps, you may want to try Zany's No Slime Castile -- a tried & true formula for your soaping pleasure. The formula @toan posted above is my favorite way to make it.
:nodding:

Thank you @Dawni now i just need to wait to try it ⌚🙂
That's the worst part lol
Keep testing one bar at one week intervals until you find out where it is that you love it. My tendency is to cure for a longer my high olive soaps - whether it's the traditional way or Zanys - coz my skin n olive oil don't really jive. Good luck and can't wait to see what you do next :)

That's the worst part lol
Keep testing one bar at one week intervals until you find out where it is that you love it. My tendency is to cure for a longer my high olive soaps - whether it's the traditional way or Zanys - coz my skin n olive oil don't really jive. Good luck and can't wait to see what you do next :)

Yeah i was already planing to do that, i'm going to try different recipes and see which one i like most and of course i'll be updating here!

Thanks again @Dawni : )

Latest posts

Back